The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:26 pm

You were not good enough for that religion/sect/denomination/church, that group of people. Telling someone they're going to Hell for using the wrong fork is just so wrong. Or wearing the wrong clothes. Or having the wrong length hair.

There's belief, and then there's religion. Religion is full of man-made rules. I try to find a religion/congregation that comes closest to what I believe to worship with.

Stupidity isn't the problem, but mediocrity is. The stupid know they're stupid. The mediocre think they're smart and act that way all the time. You can't sway them. They're the ones who grasp onto something with zeal and conviction, and condemn everything (and everyone) else. They're the sheeple.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Such people make me so angry, that I try not to speak with them.

Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:54 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
There's belief, and then there's religion. Religion is full of man-made rules. I try to find a religion/congregation that comes closest to what I believe to worship with.

Stupidity isn't the problem, but mediocrity is. The stupid know they're stupid. The mediocre think they're smart and act that way all the time. You can't sway them. They're the ones who grasp onto something with zeal and conviction, and condemn everything (and everyone) else. They're the sheeple.

And they are probably the most dangerous zealots of all (short of the ones who actually stone people, burn them at the stake, or fly planes into buildings anyway). They latch onto a belief/cause and have zero tolerance for anyone who has a different perspective on it. They give themselves permission to turn off their brains and call that blind passivity "faith." God gave man the most highly evolved brain on the planet. Therefore, I believe He expects you to use it.

All this talk reminds me of a quote I posted on Facebook recently that I really loved. Wish I knew who to attribute it to, but it was on a website that had different articles you could read:

“Faith is not a blind pursuit. It engages the whole self, particularly the intellect. It is the opposite of dogma.”
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 am

I miss Bennigan's. They've disappeared from my neighborhoods. I used to hang out with friends and dates there. We didn't drink alcohol but sure acted like we did. Good times. Crazy times.

I prefer casual, chain, and fast food places. Been to some fine dining places. Food was good, way too expensive, and they tend to stack everything into this tower or mountain. I don't like my side veggies smushed into my mashed potatoes and my beef or chicken on top of all of that. I prefer my meats free of potato adobe. And what's with putting ONE onion ring on my plate?

I wouldn't mind my meal served to me on cafeteria trays that keep the different things separated.

I'm one of the weird ones. I actually like old style school cafeteria sheet pizza, where they bake 2-3ft sheets and cut you rectangle that fit into the big compartment on the tray. From what I've seen lately, the pizza slices come pre-packaged in a plastic bag, and gets heated in the cafeteria. No cooking done at the school, just reheating like on planes, back when they used to serve food. Oh, and we used to get metal forks, knives, and spoons in school cafeterias. Yes, metal knives! And no one killed anyone with the lunch utensils. There might have been fork defenses.

Gee, I feel old. I want to be young and get allowance and have no bills and not care if the world is going to hell in a handbasket. When I become senile I'm going back to junior high and high school. Looking at old pictures, I noticed I was really cute then. And I had lots of hair and less skin.
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Helena Camacho

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I just don't do religion anymore... Too many rules and regulations... I prefer free style..lol... I believe in God... Thats it... My devotion or anything else is my business .... Between the man upstairs and me... lol... Just putting my 2 cents worth...

How is everybody?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelegendsofsouthhaven.net
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm really doing well, Helena. How are you?

LegoJulie wrote:
I'm one of the weird ones. I actually like old style school cafeteria sheet pizza, where they bake 2-3ft sheets and cut you rectangle that fit into the big compartment on the tray.

YAY!! I'm not the only one. Smile

And I'm not a big fan of those high end, pretentious restaurants. In my experience, they are all style and no substance. You get less food for more money with them. I leave hungry, but the bill was big. I couldn't give a damn about how artfully the plate was arranged. That's not going to distract me from the fact that there's barely anything on it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Helena Camacho

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Healthwise.... I guess okay... Emotionally.... Not so good... But I'm tuff ... I am a big girll and I can tie my shoes...
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time emotionally, Helena. Sad If it's anything you feel like sharing with us, I'd be more than happy to listen (or read, as it were Wink ).
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

I have a cold. My sinuses leak. My throat hurts. My ears hurt. I feel like I'm floating and sinking at the same time. I'm not happy.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Feel better, Jules!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Thank you much!

Of course I just found out Michael Biehn, Kevin Sorbo, Christopher Judge and Rachel Luttrel are in town this weekend for Comicpalooza.
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:42 am

Sinus problems are an absolute bitch. I've never had a cold.

Touch wood ... Shocked
*touching Julie's head*
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:25 am

And George Takei. *grumbleouchgrumbleouchgrumbleouch*
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:17 am

I love Takei! His Facebook postings are hilarious.

I hope you feel better, Julie. Same to Helena and everyone else going through stuff.

This isn't really a rant per se, but I'm worried about my Persian cat. He's been throwing up more than normal lately and seems a bit listless. I don't know if he's sick or just overly stressed from the puppy, or a combination of both. Both of my cats are old, but the older cat seems to have adjusted to the dog. My Persian has always been more sensitive and skittish.

I'm taking the dog out of town with me this weekend, so maybe the couple of days without the dog (and me) in the house might help. If he isn't better by the time I get back, I'll probably have to take him to the vet as well as my dog, who gets her last shots next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Take the cat to the vet soon. How old are the kitties?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Angel is 14, Whiskers is 12. He seems to be doing okay tonight. Maybe he needed a couple of days of peace and quiet.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:30 am

I just watched your puppy video. If Coco is that rambuncious with the cats, your cats are definitely stressed out.

Angel is pretty old. Just in case there's something else, I'd take him to the vet soon, but not on the same trip with the pooch.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Sigh----- I must be getting old. I remember when Whiskers was just a kitten.

I know how stressed Tigger would be with a rambunctious puppy in the house. See the vet for a checkup, and be sure that the cats are getting a little extra attention. I'm sure they miss having "Mama" to themselves.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:25 pm

There's nothing like working really, really hard to beat a level of a game, only to have the game lock up before you get a chance to save it. Mad
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Helena Camacho

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:51 am

I hear ya Donna....

I gotta rant about something... That shirt that Mr. Butler is wearing is giving me a headache... It makes my eyes go O o and the @-@....

Please Mr. Butler just hire me as your clothes picker.... Hell, I'm willing to do it for free... But stop the insanity!!! That shirt is giving me a migraine...
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Helena Camacho

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 am

Somebody teach that man to learn how to dress himself. Oye *smh
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:13 am

He is definitely sartorially challenged.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 am

My turn.

The amount of ingratitude that I have witnessed lately astounds and saddens me. People seem to have lost the ability to say or even care about saying a simple "Please" or "Thanks". Personally, I don't like grandstanders nor am I comfortable with recognition in large, public forums. There is too often an air of insincerity.

BUT ....

If you're in a queue, how about recognising the ones who arrived before you? If they give their position up for you, how about a thanks with a nod of the head?

If you help someone in the case of an emergency, how about a pat on the back as recognition for their part?

If you give three cheers to the person who organised something, how about at least acknowledging the people who then ran the actual event?

If you let someone merge in front of you when they don't have right of way, how about a wave out the car window?

If you want something extra/above and beyond from a person, how about a soft voice with a coaxing smile?

If you pass something to its owner, how about some gratitude?

If you help someone with requested advice or information, how about a ... ?

The list is seemingly endless.

I just don't understand why the value of manners has declined. When I was a young child, it was not only drummed into me but it gave me a glow to see people's reactions to my manners. Now too many children just take and expect, rather than receive and be grateful. In an economic world like today, why aren't more people, adults and children, happy with what they do have not?

To have who you are and what you do as a person acknowledged is extremely important. For me big glossy words and fake displays of affection are on a par with no recognition at all. The only person designed to feel better in those situations is the person doing, not the person receiving. "Look at me. Aren't I wonderful because I see little people?" Similarly, praising up your allies and close friends can be seen as empty and shallow to others. That's all too easy.

In a strange way, I see myself slide closer and closer towards the personification of a grumpy broad. But if grumpy broads are those people who care about respect, gratitude, honesty and compassion, then bring it on!

It can't come soon enough.

PS. Thanks for letting me vent.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 am

People don't interact with other people as much as they used to. Now we have email, texting, Facebook, Twitter, XBox Live, etc etc etc..... it's like people have either not been taught or have forgotten how to act when it comes to one on one interaction. And don't get me started on the smartphones and driving. It's like the phones are smart but the people are dumb. Or rather, it's like over half of the drivers on the road are no longer paying attention to their driving, but have their heads up their collective rear ends because they can't hang up the phone long enough to commute where they need to go. I'll admit once in a blue moon I do talk on the phone while driving, but usually only when someone calls me. Then again, I have a manual transmission so it makes it kind of difficult. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Welcome to grumpy broadum. Enjoy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 32 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next