The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Empty
PostSubject: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)   Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Top Three Parties: Working It, Zoo York City, To the Max

Working It

What: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party.

Where: Battery Park Cinema and River Café, New York City.

Who: Cinema Society founder Andrew Saffir played host to the movie's director, Woody Allen, and stars Larry David, Patricia Clarkson, and Evan Rachel Wood. Also, Barbara Walters, Martha Stewart, Arianna Huffington, New Yorker editor David Remnick, Brooke Shields (with her Lipstick Jungle co-stars Lindsay Price and Andrew McCarthy talking with the show's executive producer Candace Bushnell nearby), Josh Radnor (Price's boyfriend), Jay McInerney, New York State First Lady Michelle Patterson, actors Stanley Tucci and Gerard Butler, fashion whiz David Lauren and girlfriend Lauren Bush (who is launching her new Feed Kenya bag at Bergdorf Goodman next week), and models Agyness Deyn, Helena Christensen, and Doutzen Kroes. Plus, photographers Patrick Demarchelier and Gilles Bensimon, actresses Julianna Margulies, Lake Bell, and Amy Ryan, S.N.L.'s Seth Meyers (we wonder if he talked to Clarkson about the "Motherlover" sketch), 30 Rock's Lonny Ross, nightlife queen Amy Sacco, social fixtures Blaine Trump, Bettina Zilkha, and Jennifer Creel, life of the party Jessica Joffe, The City's Olivia Palermo (clad in a sharp number by eco-friendly designer Susan Woo, who was also at the party), and Palermo's boyfriend, Johannes Huebl. And a pack of British "It" kids, including Otis Ferry, who just got out of jail.

Why: Because Woody Allen's appearance took the Cinema Society to a whole other cinematic level, as guests boarded a water taxi in Manhattan, zipped under the Brooklyn Bridge (while sipping Moët, of course), and landed at the River Café in Brooklyn, where they mixed and mingled by the water and in the tented garden all evening. As one guest said: "And they say we're in a recession ... "

Talking Point: Patricia Clarkson's turnaround. After shedding tears on Tuesday, she was in high spirits at the screening.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)   Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:58 am

Quote :
As one guest said: "And they say we're in a recession ... "
Such true humanitarians.

*drinks her 25-cent soda*
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)   Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:47 am

Wonder what that feels like...in my most sarcastic voice
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)   Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 am

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/style/2009/06/toasting-to-woody-allens-whatever-works.html

Toasting to Woody Allen's Whatever Works

It was a night for New York City institutions on Wednesday as the Cinema Society and The New Yorker hosted the premiere of Woody Allen's new movie, Whatever Works. “It's great to be back in New York because it's my favorite city in the world, and I love to be able to work here,” Allen said, referring to the movie's setting. “But it's an expensive city to work in so, I can't always do it.” Then he added: “I would like to work in Venice.” Others that showed up for the screening in Battery Park included Lake Bell, Swoosie Kurtz, and True Blood star Stephen Moyer. A few unborn babies headed in too, with Amy Ryan, Ana Ortiz, and Patrick Wilson’s wife Dagmara Dominczyk.

After the movie, guests were guided out to a waiting water taxi, grabbed a mini bottle of Moët, and headed to the top deck of the boat to get the view of New York harbor as the boat rounded the tip of Manhattan to dock at Brooklyn’s River Cafe. “I’m falling in love with New York all over again right now,” said stylist Tina Chai as she chatted with actor Ben Shenkman and his wife, Lauren. Across the deck, reality TV star Olivia Palermo guarded her carefully coiffed up-do from the wind.

Inside the restaurant Evan Rachel Wood, who was dressed in Jean Paul Gautier, mingled with co-star Larry David and talked about her experience working with the two New York comedic legends. “I would have paid to be a fly on the wall to see those two have a conversation, so everyday I would have to take a step back and think this is the funniest think I have ever seen,” she said. Lipstick Jungle’s Brooke Shields and Lindsay Price drifted about the terrace with the show's exeuctive producer Candice Bushnell, as Helena Christensen, Stanley Tucci, and Seth Meyers headed out to the garden for food. “This is like the February 14 that I never booked in time,” said artist Sam Shaffer as he clutched a mini ice cream cone. Beside him, writer Edward Helmore sat with his recently-freed huntsman nephew Otis Ferry. “Prison was incredibly boring,” Ferry said.

As the party wound down and revelers skipped off to take the boat back to the city, Agyness Deyn hung out with Gerard Butler and Phantom Planet's Alex Greenwald. Patricia Clarkson, wearing a scarlet satin Dolce and Gabbana dress, was one of the last to leave. “It's an actor's dream to shoot a Woody Allen movie in New York and have a great part, and I had all three,” she said. “I had to pinch myself when I woke up every morning, and I didn't even have to set an alarm clock.”
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)   Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:02 am

Here are some links to photos: http://www.patrickmcmullan.com/site/search.aspx?t=person&s=gerard%20butler

And to a Vanity Fair article with more photos. http://www.vanityfair.com/online/style/

TOASTING TO WOODY ALLEN'S WHATEVER WORKS

by Rebecca GuinnessJune 11, 2009

Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Whateverworksparty

It was a night for New York City institutions on Wednesday as the Cinema Society and The New Yorker hosted the premiere of Woody Allen's new movie, Whatever Works. “It's great to be back in New York because it's my favorite city in the world, and I love to be able to work here,” Allen said, referring to the movie's setting. “But it's an expensive city to work in so, I can't always do it.” Then he added: “I would like to work in Venice.” Others that showed up for the screening in Battery Park included Lake Bell, Swoosie Kurtz, and True Blood star Stephen Moyer. A few unborn babies headed in too, with Amy Ryan, Ana Ortiz, and Patrick Wilson’s wife Dagmara Dominczyk.

After the movie, guests were guided out to a waiting water taxi, grabbed a mini bottle of Moët, and headed to the top deck of the boat to get the view of New York harbor as the boat rounded the tip of Manhattan to dock at Brooklyn’s River Cafe. “I’m falling in love with New York all over again right now,” said stylist Tina Chai as she chatted with actor Ben Shenkman and his wife, Lauren. Across the deck, reality TV star Olivia Palermo guarded her carefully coiffed up-do from the wind.

Inside the restaurant Evan Rachel Wood, who was dressed in Jean Paul Gautier, mingled with co-star Larry David and talked about her experience working with the two New York comedic legends. “I would have paid to be a fly on the wall to see those two have a conversation, so everyday I would have to take a step back and think this is the funniest think I have ever seen,” she said. Lipstick Jungle’s Brooke Shields and Lindsay Price drifted about the terrace with the show's exeuctive producer Candice Bushnell, as Helena Christensen, Stanley Tucci, and Seth Meyers headed out to the garden for food. “This is like the February 14 that I never booked in time,” said artist Sam Shaffer as he clutched a mini ice cream cone. Beside him, writer Edward Helmore sat with his recently-freed huntsman nephew Otis Ferry. “Prison was incredibly boring,” Ferry said.

As the party wound down and revelers skipped off to take the boat back to the city, Agyness Deyn hung out with Gerard Butler and Phantom Planet's Alex Greenwald. Patricia Clarkson, wearing a scarlet satin Dolce and Gabbana dress, was one of the last to leave. “It's an actor's dream to shoot a Woody Allen movie in New York and have a great part, and I had all three,” she said. “I had to pinch myself when I woke up every morning, and I didn't even have to set an alarm clock.”
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)   Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:52 am

Is his shirt actually buttoned and is he wearing an undershirt?

Is this a sign of the Apocolypse?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)   Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:10 am

The story's always better the second post around. lol!

Dallas: Maybe underneath that nice olive button down, he's rebelling by wearing the holey shirt underneath.

All joking aside, he looks nice. My little brother has a shirt like that...same color and everything. In fact, he's dressed LIKE my brother...sans the hat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)   Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cinema Society and The New Yorker's screening of Whatever Works and after-party (10 Jun 2009)
Page 1 of 1