The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 2)

Go down 
+11
AimeeMarie
LadyNOLA
Oggy
pamelajane
Poppy
LegoJulie
Nay
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
Leo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 pm

I just took some Nyquil. Hopefully I'll feel up to going to work tomorrow. I don't get paid if I don't go in, so I don't have a choice. That, and I'm supposed to be working 4 10's because I'm taking off on Friday.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:57 am

How do you prepare for a cyclone, Nay? Stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:11 am

Cyclone expected to cross land (QLD) by the weekend.

Meanwhile ...

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 St_patricks_day_glitter_graphic_06
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 am

You have a cyclone on the way? Sheesh, be safe!

Happy St Paddy's day, everyone!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:13 am

Yep! Yep! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Nay, if you're not in the direct path of the storm, have some drinking water (or booze) at home. Have munchies and flashlights (torches) and a manual can opener. Probably floor towels for the scared pooch.

If you're in the direct path of the storm, go somewhere else (away from the cyclone) for a few days.

Last hurricane (Rita) that came my way broke my back fence and nearby trees and neighbor's roofs and knocked out power for a couple of weeks. We have a gasoline-powered generator now.

Oh, yeah, wash your clothes now and dry them before storm gets there.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Happy Green day! St. P's day!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Water - check.
Alcohol - check.
Munchies/food etc - check.
Clean clothes - check.
Three flashlights - check.
Oodles of towels - check.

Thanks Julie. Now I need to check the backyard for loose items before the winds start.

Random:

Apparently, Cyclone Ului is picking up speed and is due to cross the coast on Sunday morning around Mackay/Prosperine. You may know the Prosperine area better as Airlie Beach which is the launchpad to some of the gorgeous islands in Barrier Reef. Mackay was devastated by a Cyclone last year so it hardly needs this again.

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Cycloneuliu
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Dog...check??? Nervous
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:02 am

Nay, hubby says to check things on the roof, too, like antennae, weather vanes. I guess awnings, wind chimes, hammocks, bird feeders, pails, hoes, etc. that could fly around.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Random:
I'm watching Armageddon looming in Washington with the health care vote.
Geez, there are 38 states preparing to file lawsuits if this thing passes...
I have never seen such conflict between Fed and State power in my life.
BTW -I predict the impact will be larger than just in the health care arena and on the US economy. I predict it will have a ripple effect and touch the global markets. Hope I'm wrong, but we shall see....
I'm watching my investments closely. All this turmoil is not good on the stock market.

This is my Sunday. Not as relaxing as I had planned on.....

Wow, just saw footage on the news of the volcano in Iceland. Incredible.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Armageddon is a unique way to describe it. Globally, it has already meant the postponement of President Obama's visit to Indonesia and Australia. Not that that was significant for me but a bedraggled Australian PM may have been relying on the warm glow.

Is the proposed Health Care Reform to essentially provide free cover for those who do not have it or can not afford it?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Nay, it isn't that simple. The bill has so much crap in it, that is is mind boggling - including giving power to the IRS to monthly review every persons coverage to determine if it meets government requirements and access penalties to citizens etc. Yes, I said the IRS. Unf/cking believable.

The news just broke in --It just passed. I'm dumbfounded since most haven't even read the 2700 page document or the reconciliation bill and additional documents that just came out in the past few days. I expect representatives to read and know what is in legislation before voting on it. It's called being informed.

This will effect the US economy because of the expense. Expense starts now, but some benefits won't be seen for 4 years. Some experts claim this will bankrupt America. The economic impact on the US will, in my opinon, affect the global market etc because we are one of the largest economies in the world. Whether you are for or against this bill, there has to be a way to pay for it. That is what many see as the primary flaw.

We shall see. Anyway, I don't want to make this a political thread. Regardless of one's stance on the bill, it is undeniably one of the most divisive issues in recent history. The majority of Americans were not for this bill - in this form. Polls have shown that. That is not to say that they are against reform. Most Americans want reform. The issue is that the lawmakers are not necessarily following their constituents wishes and the pork in the bill and backroom deals that have been made to get this done is repugnant to most people. It is business as usual in Washington and not the "change" and "open process" promised (i.e. promises to have discussions live on C-Span and no backroom deals). It comes across as a powergrab -- JMO.

I am disgusted with the actions of BOTH parties in Congress -- again my opinion only. I expect the states' lawsuits to be filed in the near future. As an attorney, I find the Fed/State power issue fascinating as well as the constitutionality of requiring people to buy health insurance and issuing fines for those who don't.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:01 am

Texas needs to secede.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:12 am

I was talking on the phone with my sister today and told her that she might be seeing that on the news soon - i.e. big secession rallies in Texas!!!

I was only half-joking.

LJ - did you see Governor Perry's statement that went out immediately after the vote?

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/14396/
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 am

Your Governor couldn't be much clearer, Dallas. He is disgusted.

Maybe it's time to leave the US of A.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 am

Does Australia need any lawyers with a southern accent and who are deadly with a gun?

Prepare your guest room.

hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 am

Abso-FREAKING-lutely.

I'm throwing fresh sheets around right now! Do you mind sharing the couch with the pup while you watch tv?
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 am

I agree that reforms are needed. But I'm afraid of the burden that will be placed on my children and grandchildren with this particular bill.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Dallas, I didn't see that. Thanks! I feel much better about Gov. Perry.

What a bunch of wusses writing and passing the health bill. They don't have the balls to make a "National Health System" and "TAX" people for it, so they're pussyfooting around the real issue and "requiring" people to buy health insurance.

I thought the only thing the feds can require people to pay is federal tax.

People don't need health "insurance". People need health "care". There's a BIG difference.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:48 am

Hey Nay, how did it go over the weekend with the cyclone? Is everyone ok? How did Buddy do?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:30 pm

After watching Lost this evening, I feel as if I need a cigarette...and I don't even smoke.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:41 am

Allo PJ! Cyclone Ului came down to a Category 2 as it crossed the Queensland coast at Prosperine/Airlie Beach. It has caused significant damage but nowhere on the scale of Cyclone Larry in 2006 which hit Innisfail with real ferocity. However, the hundreds of backpackers and other tourists at Airlie Beach were heavily affected with no water, power or sewerage for at least three days.

Essentially, we had strong winds for several days as it approached from the Pacific and then it dwindled down to nothing, absolutely nothing. I spoke with someone from our Regional Council here and he told me, if Ului had struck further down the coast, we could have had close to 800mm (31 inches) of rainfall. Nearly a metre!

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 ShuteHarbour

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Ului

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Ului1

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Ului2
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 am

Looks like Texas coastal areas after hurricane visits.

Glad you didn't get a yard of rain all at once.

"Storm" tourists deserve what they get. Lots of weirdos go to big storms to experience them. I'm happy this lot got to experience the aftermaths of no modern conveniences. It ain't the storm itself that's painful, it's living without all the stuff the storm sweeps away.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 am

wow nay! those pics are scary! glad you are ok!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:58 am

Oh my goodness...alot of damage and that wasn't at "full throttle"? Our local news was showing videos of the cyclone when it hit Perth. How did YOU and Buddy fair through all of it? Is is all over now? (except the residuals it left behind)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 2)
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next