The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 12813
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 7:13 pm

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/gerard-butler-charged-with-battery-for-punching-photog-2009145

Gerard Butler has been charged with misdemeanor criminal battery, L.A. City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan confirms to Usmagazine.com.

See what celebs look like in jail.

The actor had an "altercation with a photographer" at 2 a.m. on Oct. 7 -- the night of his RocknRolla premiere, Mateljan tells Us. TMZ.com, which first reported the charges, claims Butler punched a paparazzo a few times in the lip at L.A.'s Crown Bar as he was getting into a limo.

Check out photos of stars at court.

Butler could spend up to six months in jail if convicted.

He's due to be arraigned on June 10.

Join Us on Facebook and Twitter for even more up to the minute celebrity news and photos!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Butler shouldn't have talked publicly about the incident on that radio interview (somewhat bragging) and stating that the charges had been dropped. Oops.

Looks like he has hired Blair Berk. She is the go to person in Hollywood for criminal charges. She represents everyone (including Mel Gibson's drunken tirade) and has taken the paps on before.
Back to top Go down
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 7:41 pm

WTF? Seriously Tex, I'll grab the gaffer tape and you hold him down.

Without a doubt, somewhere in GB World right now, some women are going all Sarah Connor - Terminator bitch style on the LA DA's unsuspecting ass.

Now let's see how many 'guests' we get here, what a formal Butler statement says NOW and how a Premiere is hosted from a holding cell ....
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 8:13 pm

yikes...

*shaking head*
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 8:50 pm

It's a misdemeanor. My guess is he won't even show up for the arraignment (he isn't required to be there). With no priors, in the end he'll probably get probation and a fine. The fine is probably small - a couple of thousand dollars.

I'm curious about why the DA is going ahead with filing against him when Butler had stated in that radio interview last fall that the charges had been dropped. It makes me think either something else was uncovered that made the DA decide that it was appropriate to charge him, or Butler was mistaken about the whole thing. In any event, I had thought it was unwise for him to comment publicly about it even if the DA had dropped the charges, unless he had also settled with the pap. Otherwise, any public comment that he had made could have been used in a civil suit regardless of whether criminal charges were filed.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he stuck his foot in his mouth, but to be supposedly smart, he really is stupid sometimes. As someone who was trained as an attorney, he should have known better.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 8:53 pm

I seriously doubt he'll spend any time in jail. He'll pay a fine and all will be forgotten.

The real question is, how are the motherships going to handle this? They weren't even allowed to discuss the incident when it happened (despite the fact that the interview where he discussed the incident was uploaded to the multimedia section of GALS...all hush hush, of course).
Back to top Go down
http://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 pm

It's a news item, carried by the AP and public record.

But I'll bet money that they don't post it. To me this is less invasive to his privacy than all the pap stories and pics of him on his own time. The public is considered to have an interest in criminal matters. Thus being charged with a crime is about as "public" as you can get.

But because it isn't flattering, I bet it won't be discussed.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm betting you're right.

It has to be something "flattering" or "drool worthy" in order for it to be able to be discussed. Never mind if it's intrusive, as long as he looks "drool worthy" in the pictures. Wink
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 9:40 pm

yup...unless it helps and supports him, it's not posted...
so you should be getting a lot of lurkers
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 pm

I don't understand where the line is drawn, to be frank.
I don't think the pics of him closing down clubs looking all disheveled or those of him wearing dirty looking clothes are flattering or droolworthy, but I don't wear rose colored glasses.
They clash with my shoes.
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Well, we know he doesn't look good in grey overalls so the kiss-off may be the only expensive pinch in this situation for GB.

However, and it's a big however, if this is then used as an example of a 'dumb thug' side to his personality, we can all expect some interesting times ahead and journalists/bloggers/writers and fans could all speak of him in very different tones.

I just hope the truth come out sometime soon.

Last edited by Nay on Thu May 14, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Well....

I'm VERY surprised it went to a misdemeanor. I figured he would settle with the pap and keep it out of the courts.

Nah, he won't serve time, but it really STINKS it's on public record.

Live and learn.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu May 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Dallas wrote:
I don't understand where the line is drawn, to be frank.
I don't think the pics of him closing down clubs looking all disheveled or those of him wearing dirty looking clothes are flattering or droolworthy, but I don't wear rose colored glasses.
They clash with my shoes.

I agree, and actually many of those pics turn me off.

It's the difference between me and many fans off this site.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Sat May 16, 2009 8:57 am

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Sat May 16, 2009 10:25 am

Good lord...

With that mug shot? Couldn't they have made one with a more "kind-er and nicer" shot? That looks like a thug shot.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Sat May 16, 2009 10:55 am

LOL!!!!

That's why it's so hilarious!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Sat May 16, 2009 11:59 am

Oh good Lord....where did you get that picture? Please don't tell me the fansites are making "Save Gerry" posters. That's ridiculous. For crying out loud, it's a misdemeanor. It's not like he's being framed for murder or torturing someone's dog. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DLSPBS
Random Babbler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Sat May 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Leo wrote:

SAVE GERRY - ONLY HE CAN SAVE HIMSELF AND ONLY IF HE WANTS TO !!!

GB - THE INTERSECTION OF FANTASY AND REALITY !!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Sat May 16, 2009 7:58 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Oh good Lord....where did you get that picture? Please don't tell me the fansites are making "Save Gerry" posters. That's ridiculous. For crying out loud, it's a misdemeanor. It's not like he's being framed for murder or torturing someone's dog. Rolling Eyes

Nah...

Some chick is gonna make t shirts with this logo.

I don't think the "other' two fansites would touch this, frankly.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:02 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090703/ap_on_en_mo/us_people_gerard_butler_1

LA judge postpones Gerard Butler's arraignment

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Arraignment has been postponed for "300" actor Gerard Butler, who's been charged in Los Angeles with misdemeanor battery for a scuffle with a paparazzo.

A Los Angeles Superior Court clerk says the actor's lawyer requested the delay on Wednesday, and a judge agreed to postpone the arraignment to Aug. 18.

City prosecutors say the Scottish-born actor had a run-in with a photographer on Oct. 7 after leaving a premiere party for the film "RocknRolla."

Butler's manager, Alan Siegel, says Butler was forced to have his driver stop the car after the photographer repeatedly sped through red lights and almost struck two pedestrians.

Butler, who also stars in this summer's "The Ugly Truth," faces up to six months in jail if convicted.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 am

Interesting that the June 10th arraignment was postponed and we are just now hearing about it. It makes me think that it had already been postponed once if the delay request was on Wed (as opposed to June 10th).

BTW, postponement requests are not uncommon so it isn't anything surprising
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:27 am

So the "Save Senor Buttcheeks" t-shirts may not be needed after all??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery   Today at 6:24 am

Back to top Go down

Butler charged with misdemeanor criminal battery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1