The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day

Go down 
+5
greyeyegoddess
sky_fitsheaven
Nay
Leo
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:45 am

They forgot the herd of elephants stampeding the living room.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:54 am

these stories are so interesting. Even if they are embellished. Fantasy writers in training.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:33 am

I wonder what Piggy's boyfriend thought of all of those marriage proposals.

http://bwoodz.blogspot.com/2009/05/priyanka-chopra-snubs-voting-parties.html

Priyanka Chopra Snubs Voting, parties hard

While Priyanka Chopra urged citizens to go out and cast their vote, she herself gave voting a slip and preferred to stay back home and party instead. Priyanka's threw a party at her Versova residence on Thursday night, which was so rocking that the cops had to be called in not once but twice!

Says a guest present at the party, "The music being played was very loud and caused inconvenience to the neighbours who called the cops when they saw no signs of the party getting over even post midnight.

The first time the cops left with a warning, but the second time they ensured that the music was turned down. They only left after Sunny Dewan promised them that the sound decibels would be kept in check."

Great Gerard

The party finally got over around 5 am though Gerard Butler (the guest of honour) and his group of friends stayed back.

"Everyone was charmed by Gerard. He's down-to-earth and friendly and his gang buddies was great fun too. Gerard appeared to be a teetotaler as he neither smoke nor drank. Throughout the night he sipped only water."

The source adds, "Although there have been rumours about Priyanka and Butler, its utter rubbish. With Shahid on one side and Gerard on the other, Priyanka didn't look uncomfortable at all. In fact, Shahid and Gerard were seen chatting and Shahid mingled with everyone."

Media manhandled

The photographers and TV journalists that had gathered under the actresses' building to cover the party were not only refused to shoot pictures but were also rudely pushed around by the security. Hence, they stood outside Chopra's gates in silent protest from 8 pm to 4 am.

Guests list
Shah Rukh-Gauri
Arjun-Meher
Imran Khan-Avantika
Farah and Shirish Kunder
Dino-Lara
Deepika-Ranbir
Tarun Mansukhani
Farhan Akhtar
Suzanne Roshan
Parmeshwar Godrej
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:25 pm

A bit of a different twist to the story. Well all I can say is it had better been done in good fun, otherwise that would be pretty insulting for someone to laugh in response to someone's marriage proposal. She should have said yes in front of all those people, and make him go through with it.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/gerard-butler-proposes-to-priyanka-chopra.html

Gerard Butler proposes to Priyanka Chopra!

By ApunKaChoice
Sat, May 02, 2009 22:00 IST

A hilarious Gerard Butler kept popping the question to Priyanka Chopra at the party especially hosted by her on Thursday night.

“I don’t mind marrying an Indian girl…too bad Priyanka already has a boyfriend,” those were the very words Gerard had said to a news daily just days after he arrived in India. But whether Priyanka has a boyfriend (who coincidentally is her neighbour as well) or not did not make much difference to the Scottish actor who was reportedly in extremely jolly mood at Priyanka’s late night party at her Versova residence.

Going by the reports of what happened at the party, it seems Butler and Priyanka have developed a remarkable bonhomie. So much that Butler didn’t mind proposing marriage to Priyanka repeatedly at the party, sometimes loudly enough to catch everyone’s notice.

But since it was done in good humour – or at least that’s how it appeared – Priyanka kept laughing away all the proposals from Gerard.

Reports say even when he stepped on the dance floor with the desi girl, he knelt down and popped the question. Shahid Kapur , the aforesaid neighbour, and perhaps more than that, of Priyanka, was also at the party and didn’t at all mind Gerard’s overtures.

The party was attended by a host of Bollywood celebs including Shahrukh Khan , his wife Gauri, Hrithik Roshan and Suzanne, Karan Johar , Arjun Rampal , Ranbir Kapoor , Deepika Padukone and Imran Khan and his girlfriend Avantika.

Since the party continued late into the wee hours of Friday, cops too dropped by to tell the hostess to lower the volume and slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 on the DJ.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Now if I was her boyfriend...would I be happy that other men want her and I have her, or would I be pissed that he wouldn't shut the heck up?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Maybe all her laughing was nervous laughter because his behavior made her uncomfortable.

I kind of doubt he said that repeatedly and every 30 min., but then again....I can also see him putting his foot in his mouth over and over again.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Quote :
http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/gerald-proposed-priyanka/4221/

The guests enjoyed the scene with wide eyes and big smile but Priyanka felt little embarrass.

Isn't this the same chick that had that other dude in Dubai bowing in front of her in front of all of those people last year? Maybe Gerry thought he'd imitate him and do the same. I think G loves to be the center of attention, and will do whatever it takes to make sure he is. I can only imagine it was probably uncomfortable for the boyfriend, though.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:41 pm

The other dude was Sir Richard Branson. She had appeared as the "Goddess of Atlantis" at the Palm opening. Branson met her at a private after party and fell to his knees and said something like, "You’re the only woman worthy of being called a goddess.You’re the most beautiful woman in the world.”

Somehow that seems more charming and chilvalrous to me than Butler's cheese. I really hope it came off as funny and not like he was an old desperate idiot. But it is entertaining none the less, no?

I'm just waiting for the next installment.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:58 pm

I was wondering if that was the same woman Branson made the gesture towards, but I was too lazy to remember.

So, it's like a joke...she's the most beautiful woman in the world and everyone bows to her, paying respect.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:45 pm

I wonder what it's like to have men at your feet everywhere you go.....

It's like Helen of Troy all over again.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:34 pm

I just read this over at IMDB. I haven't verified it, but if it's true it brings a whole new level of creepiness to this whole thing:

Quote :
GB.net received a statement from Alan and said the proposals, like the Tom Cruise project rumor, are simply NOT TRUE!

Why on earth would they release such a moronic statement in the first place????

I'm not sure what's worse...that a fansite would ask for such a clarification, or that GB's people would take the time to send one.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
GerrysJewel

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:38 pm

Leo wrote:
I wonder what it's like to have men at your feet everywhere you go.....

It's like Helen of Troy all over again.

You mean this doesn't happen to you, Leo? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:40 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
I just read this over at IMDB. I haven't verified it, but if it's true it brings a whole new level of creepiness to this whole thing:

Quote :
GB.net received a statement from Alan and said the proposals, like the Tom Cruise project rumor, are simply NOT TRUE!

I'm not sure what's worse...that a fansite would ask for such a clarification, or that GB's people would take the time to send one.

Well Tom Cruise is supposedly in talks with the co-writer and producer of Valkyrie, Christopher McQuarrie, for a project titled "The Champions." It's based on a British TV series about a team of government agents rescued from a plane crash in the Himalayas by an advanced civilization and given superhuman abilities.

The Himalayas info jumped out at me when Cruise and location scouting was mentioned in connection to this trip....
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:42 pm

DonnaKat wrote:

Quote :

Troublesome, isn't it.

Unfortunately, there are fans who do nothing else but wonder what G's doing next. So when there are news items, they HAVE to verify it, and they bother the admins at .net to find out.

They can't seem to just let the news take care of itself.

Hence, I find the information and those kinds of fans, moronic, like you do.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:46 pm

LOL, I just commented on this at the thread above.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Ok, I understood Proposals to mean work proposals...not marriage proposals.

Did I miss something? Even the article said the proposals were a joke. Can't fans understand that????

Geez....

I can't wait until the man settles down. Brains will start to function.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Jewel, great to see you! Very Happy How are things in your world?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:58 pm

You might be right, Alice. Hadn't thought of that.

I thought the only work related rumor during this entire trip was the Cruise thing, though. I took proposals to mean the Piggy thing, since that's all that has been coming thru my Google alerts. 98% marriage proposals, 2% everything else.

Oh well, who cares. This is all giving me one major headache.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:03 pm

This was what is posted on the front page of .net:

NOTE TO VISITORS: In response to numerous inquiries we have been receiving, the reports about Gerry, movie scouting in India and Tom Cruise are untrue. This is why those reports regarding his career have not been posted in our Press Room. Thanks, as always, for sending articles our way!

Was there something else about proposals?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:06 pm

I didn't get that impression, but then you can't discuss rumors or razzis on .net. The fans needed an outlet somewhere, and they took it inside to the admins, it sounds like.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Well like I said, it was posted on IMDB....not verified in any means.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Doesn't what Dallas posted, verify what was said on IMDB?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:40 pm

IMDB added that .net had refuted the marriage proposals.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:32 pm

good grief...it's like playing telephone, isn't it.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
GerrysJewel

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Disclaimer: Anyone on this board who works for the media or knows someone in the media business - please do not take offense at the next statement. It is my sole opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this board or its moderators

I know, I watch WAY too many DVDs.......

Anyhow....Yet again....this is just another example of the media reducing the NEWS arena to a pile of dung. I read, I shake my head and then I wait...the Truth will eventually come to the surface.

However, whether or not Mr. Butler was prosposing marriage throughout the evening of this grand party - I can totally see him doing that. Sorry, I can.

But why even wonder or comment - 99% of what is reported is BULL&*(* anway so why waste our time?

DK, Dallas - I agree about the "statement" - Fandom has gone WAY TOO FAR in my opinion. I am not just referring to .Net or internet fandoms in general. I am also referring to that photographers and reporters feel that every little breath a celebrity takes is news-worthy material. This is really beginning to Tick Me Off. It couldn't be left with "Gerry is at a party in his honor in India." Nope......

I am waiting for someone to report that Gerry Butler Just Picked A Wedgie from His Tight Ass"

Ok, I'm off my soap box now. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day   Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next