The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"

Go down 
+3
LadyNOLA
pamelajane
Nay
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Empty
PostSubject: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:02 am

Dan Gross: Contintental Midtown's dining policy upsets star of "Law Abiding Citizen"

By Dan Gross
Philadelphia Daily News

MANY RESTAURANTS choose not to seat incomplete parties, as "Law Abiding Citizen" star Gerard Butler learned on Friday.

The Scottish hunk had stopped for lunch at the Continental Midtown (18th & Chestnut) with a woman believed to be his mother and the pair were asked to wait at the bar until their entire party arrived and could then be seated.

Butler, perhaps perturbed that he wasn't recognized, as his co-star Jamie Foxx would have been, challenged the restaurant's policy and asked for a manager.

When a manager reiterated the policy against seating incomplete parties, Butler and mom left, a restaurant publicist confirmed.

Later on Friday, an "LAC" producer came by the Stephen Starr restaurant to complain to staff that Butler hadn't been seated and challenge the policy, the spokeswoman said.

We're also told the "300" star arrived the other day at Parc on Rittenhouse Square after the French bistro's kitchen had closed and was surprised that he wasn't able to order dinner. A restaurant spokeswoman said Butler had been to Parc recently but was unaware of the late-night visit we asked about.

An "LAC" spokeswoman said she was unaware of either visit but passed our inquiry on to Butler's publicist, from whom we did not hear yesterday.

The crime thriller will be shooting in the area through the end of the month.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/columnists/20090319_Dan_Gross__Contintental_Midtown_s_dining_policy_upsets_star_of__quot_Law_Abiding_Citizen_quot_.html

Is this the first sign of a sting in the tail (sightings/photos/PR ops)?
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:13 am

Oh my, I guess it's "take out" for Gerry!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Who knows if this is the full story here. The author is clearly putting his own interpretation on it anyway. He makes an assumption that the reason Gerry was upset about not being seated was maybe because he was upset he wasn't recognized, but Jamie Foxx would have been. That might be an unfair assumption to make. I'm not saying it's not possible Gerry could be acting like a diva. We all know he has a dark side. It's just there are two sides to every story.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
GerrysJewel

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:06 pm

This is SO non-news and I really can't stand it when the media takes the mundane of life that everyone deals
with and writes a so-called "story" about it. It's only because it's GERRY. A Celeb.....Not
to mention they most likely had nothing else to report on....

But really.....I don't think Gerry was being a Divo about it. Obviously there was no "scene". He was there for lunch
so he is on a time schedule and proly couldn't wait.

I am really surprised about that restaurant. Yes, rules are rules....but think about it.....In this economic crisis, the
restaurant obviously can afford to turn away customers....not give tips to their waiters/waitresses. And what a customer
Gerry and party would have been!!!! A STAR and PRODUCER of a movie that is filming in your city......Bringing MEGA
bucks and recognition there.....

If I was that owner, I would have made SURE Gerry and Mum had the best seat in the house. Plus, I would have
some strong words for that manager on duty....
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:58 pm

It's a downtown restaurant serving lunch on a workday. It was probably packed with people trying to get in and out over their lunch hour -- like most metropolitan cities. I'm not surprised that they don't seat incomplete parties. That's quite common.

I've always thought he was more high maintenence than he lets on (and maybe a secret diva). But I'm a little surprised by his entitlement reaction (if he reacted as reported).

However, does anyone else find it really funny and incredibly ironic that "The Chronically Late One" was there waiting for the rest of his party? His mother must have made him arrive early because you know that there is no other logical explanation for that one......... Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" 646968

BTW, if someone from LAC returned to make an issue of it after the fact, then that is ass behavior and I am embarrassed for them.

*The entire article could be crap, but I shall comment anyway...*
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:55 am

Jewel, it is quite often restaurant policy in busy times to make people firmly book (with numbers). But I am a little sceptical that this 'reporter' may simply be enhancing material for the fans who no doubt log on in droves now to his Philly News. That said, I do believe that Mr B is a tad strong-willed and demanding too. It never hurts anyone to do without occasionally.

Yes, I did notice the irony of the 'chronically late' label, Dallas. I would be more amused though if this had been a business lunch and the woman suggested as his 'mother' was in fact a colleague. Snort!
Back to top Go down
celticwhisper
Boringly Sane
celticwhisper

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:07 pm

I can think of a number of reasons why he probably didn't want to wait (if it's even true) at a bar with his mother. It might have been uncomfortable for her, it might have been hard for him to have any privacy, he might have just asked for a manager and said "Look, I've got my mum here and I really need to be seated as soon as a table opens up. Can you please accommodate me?" and BLAM, suddenly he's a diva.

On the flipside, he could have been a real jerk. I really sort of doubt it was intentional. He doesn't strike me as being one on a regular basis. Too smooth for that.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:20 pm

I'll have to go with Dallas on this one.

As for the late night visit to the french bistro expecting dinner....I've worked in the food industry before....and at the end of my shift, I was dead tired. All people want to do is close up and get the hell home.

Working in a restauraunt is hard work, kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"   Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upset star of "Law Abiding Citizen"
Page 1 of 1