Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
Number of posts : 9607
Location : In my skin
Registration date : 2008-10-28
|Subject: Madonna, Prince & Elton: Inside Their Star-Studded Soirees Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:20 pm|| |
Just call them the Three Amigas.
Eva Longoria Parker, Victoria Beckham and Kate Beckinsale were inseperable last night at Elton John's 17th annual Oscar party and benefit for his AIDS Foundation. (He raised $4 mil this year.)
The pretty trio barely left their table, spending most of the evening chatting with one another or asking Beckinsale's hot hubby, director Len Wiseman, to take photos of them on their camera phones.
Gerard Butler was a late arrival to the bash. "I want to sing at the Oscars," Butler told me. "I just don't think they'd have me."
Dominic Cooper, who did take part in the big musical number with Hugh Jackman and Beyoncé, hit Sir Elton's with his Mamma Mia! costar and rumored-to-be romantical lady, Amanda Seyfried.
"I got a phone call that said singing and dancing at the Oscars," Cooper said. "I thought it was a joke. It was good fun. In the great scheme of things it was just a little dance and sing-song halfway through an incredible show."
Across town, Madonna, Demi Moore and Guy Oseary cohosted their second annual postawards-show party at Oseary's house. So who was there?
Gerard Butler Mark Sullivan/Getty Images
Everyone, including Madge's ex-hubby Sean Penn, Nicole Kidman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Gwen Stefani, Josh Brolin, Diane Lane, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Sharon Stone, Mick Jagger, Adam Sandler, Jerry Seinfeld, Jessica Alba and Milk screenwriter and Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black, among many others.
Moore hubby Ashton Kutcher Twittered about the Jeffrey Best-produced celebrity extravaganza, which took place under a temporary atrium adjacent to the house that was lit by chandeliers. "Coolest moment of the night…Meeting Jack [Nicholson] holding penelopes oscar and watching Joe Pesci send back 3 martinis because they were sub par," he posted at about 4 a.m.
Diddy's night apparently ended quite well. "I'm holding an oscar rt now and takin a bubble bath!!!!" he Twittered this morning. "God is great!!!"
I was Twittering, too. Read on for my scoopy tweets from inside Elton's soiree and Prince's late-night party and performance.
• Sir Elton John and hubby David Furnish have hit the carpet. We—the press—have sort of gone silent. Sir Elton in hanging diamond earrings. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Just spoke to Elton. He's hoping for a meeting with Pres. Obama to talk HIV/AIDS...He's hopeful Obama will do more. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Furnish working on producing movie Pride and the Predator. No one cast yet, but it's an alien spoof on Pride & Prejudice. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Chace Crawford. Cute, but his hair is a bit, well, flat. And he needs to get over himself. He did only one TV interview. Really? about 18 hours ago from txt
• Katie Price and Peter André from London. Oy, so much makeup...They're living in LA 4 three months...Katie's fave store? Kitson. Of course. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Singing 2nite is Raphael Saadiq. He and Elton rehearsed just 20 minutes yesterday. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham posing with Eva Longoria. Fierce posing...but no talking. about 17 hours ago from txt
• Inside party now. Eva Longoria is chatting with Carrie Underwood. C.U. looks like a wedding cake. Eva looks too casual. about 17 hours ago from txt
• Elton's table: Josh Groban, Sharon Stone, Carrie Underwood and L.A.'s police commissioner. about 17 hours ago from txt
• My table: Eve, Dita Von Teese, Zac Posen, Estée Lauder boss John Dempsey. It's M.A.C AIDS Fund table. Eve & Dita r former M.A.C VivaGlam girls. about 16 hours ago from txt
• Elton is making the rounds, saying hello to everyone. Hugged Quincy Jones. T.R. Knight and boyfriend r here. It's REALLY hot in here. about 16 hours ago from txt
• David Furnish just came over to apologize for heat. Said it's first time they needed air conditioning in 17 years. about 16 hours ago from txt
• Who the heck hires the waiters at Elton's party???? I mean, they're all hot....even Elton's security guys r hot. about 16 hours ago from txt
• OMG! Showing Brangelina on TV when Jennifer Aniston is onstage. It's kinda f--ked up but brilliant. about 16 hours ago from txt
• Posh Spice talking to Quincy Jones. Maybe she's asking him to produce some new Spice Girls. LOL. about 15 hours ago from txt
· Natasha Bedingfield dress drama. Dress fell apart when she got here. Got another one and changed in Elton's room. about 14 hours ago from txt
· Elton onstage...Calls for a national AIDS agenda...Thanks Sean Penn for his acceptance speech....auction is starting. about 13 hours ago from txt
· Soap box that Hugh Jackman stood on in opening musician number just went for $20,000. about 13 hours ago from txt
· $55,000 for two people to join Elton and David at Vanity Fair party later. about 13 hours ago from txt
· Keifer Sutherland at the bar: Scotch straight up and a cola on the side. $20 tip. about 13 hours ago from txt
· Raphael and Elton performing Benny & the Jets...now just Raphael...Elton, Sharon Stone, Taye Diggs, Eric McCormack, Rosanna Arquette dancing. about 12 hours ago from txt
· Across the room is Serena Williams in animal-print dress...that's a lot of animal print. Juliette Lewis with '80s hair. about 12 hours ago from txt
· Dominic Cooper watching his musical number onscreen over the Godiva bar. He's laughing w/friends. about 11 hours ago from txt
· Gerard Butler told me he predicted most winners right except best actor. He thought Mickey was gonna get it. about 11 hours ago from txt
· Elton's is still going...At the outdoor bar: Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest. There's a Ben & Jerry's cart. about 11 hours ago from txt
· Richard Jenkins sitting at a table relaxing with a small group of people...He's enjoying a hamburger. about 10 hours ago from txt
• Just got to Prince's party at Avalon. I'm told only celebs who hit carpet were Tyler Perry and...Bai Ling. Club is kinda empty. about 10 hours ago from txt
• Prince was supposed to go on at 1 a.m. Told it will be more like 1:30. Ugh. about 9 hours ago from txt
• Band is setting up. Geez, come on already. Here we go. Prince is abt 2 come on stage...well, not yet. about 9 hours ago from txt
• Now, he's onstage. Black shirt and pants. about 9 hours ago from txt
• Prince just gave shout-out to Penélope Cruz and Taraji P. Henson. He's singing "Crimson & Clover." about 8 hours ago from txt
• OK, Twitterville, I'm outta here. Time to go home and walk my dog. Nighty-night. about 8 hours ago