The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler: 'In the next fifteen years, I'll focus on staying alive' Actor, 44, chats ambitions and Hollywood as he gets suited and booted in new Hugo Boss campaign

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler: 'In the next fifteen years, I'll focus on staying alive' Actor, 44, chats ambitions and Hollywood as he gets suited and booted in new Hugo Boss campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler: 'In the next fifteen years, I'll focus on staying alive' Actor, 44, chats ambitions and Hollywood as he gets suited and booted in new Hugo Boss campaign    Gerard Butler: 'In the next fifteen years, I'll focus on staying alive' Actor, 44, chats ambitions and Hollywood as he gets suited and booted in new Hugo Boss campaign  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 7:41 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2792054/gerard-butler-suited-booted-new-boss-campaign.html

Gerard Butler: 'In the next fifteen years, I'll focus on staying alive' Actor, 44, chats ambitions and Hollywood as he gets suited and booted in new Hugo Boss campaign

Gerard, 44, is face of Boss Bottled Collector's Edition
Takes over from Ryan Reynolds
Speaks about how important balancing work and life is to him
Says that when he wants something in life, he makes it happen

By Bianca London for MailOnline

His pal Ryan Reynolds is busy preparing to welcome his first baby with Blake Lively so Gerard Butler has taken over the helm at Hugo Boss.

The Scottish actor has replaced Ryan as the face of Hugo Boss' new male scent and he proves his worth in a dapper campaign shoot.

The 44-year old is promoting the new Boss Bottled Collector's Edition, which aims to promote the ‘Man of Today’ - a gentleman who defines his own success rather than allowing success to define him.

New face: Gerard Butler has taken over from Ryan Reynolds as the face of Hugo Boss perfumes and looks suited and booted in the new campaign imagery

The brand snapped up the A-list actor because, they say, he is passionate yet real; gritty but refined; in touch with emotions, and compassionate while driven.

Speaking in a behind the scenes video, Gerard opens up about those values and how he stays true to himself in the fast-paced world of showbiz.

'To stay true to those values I have is as important as life itself,' he said.

'It's all part of growing up and maturing and learning how to be a man and how to grow up and what it means to be a knight and a gentleman.'

Dapper: In a behind the scenes video, Gerard can be seen filming the new commercial for the brand's Christmas scent

Hand-picked: Hugo Boss snapped up Gerard because, they say, he is passionate yet real; gritty but refined; in touch with emotions, and compassionate while driven
Behind the scenes of Gerard Butler's Hugo Boss campaign

A trained lawyer, Butler broke into acting in the mid 90s thanks to minor roles in James Bond's Tomorrow Never Dies, among others.

Since then, his career has gone from strength to strength and career highlights include landing the lead in Joel Schumacher's The Phantom of the Opera, as well as roles in The Bounty Hunty and P.S. I Love You (and who could forget those abs in his portrayal of King Leonidas in 300?).

'Once I set something down for myself, if it's in life or a job or a movie, I've got to reach it,' he said about his success and ambition.

'It's setting something up that you've got to move towards because otherwise it just feels like a very nebulous idea.'

Focussed: Speaking in the behind the scenes video, he explained that once he sets something down for himself, if it's in life or a job or a movie, he's got to reach it

But first, let me take a selfie: Gerard took time out on set to have a quick snap with a female fan

Butler, who recently returned from a holiday with a mystery brunette, also explains how he manages to balance his work/life schedule.

'Work/life balance is very, very important mainly because there were times in my life when there was too much life and there's been times when there's been too much work,' he said.

'I think we all need our sacred space. A man has to have his time alone to gather his thoughts. It's what this campaign is - a time alone to sit and assess and understand who we are and what is our purpose.'

He may be 44 but Gerard's future is looking bright - he recently wrapped up filming the Gods of Egypt with The Face contestant Yaya Deng.

'This is the most exciting period of my life; I'm relaxed about everything. I believe everything is going to pan out exactly the way that it should be; it's that acceptance,' he said.

'It's more the spiritual side of life, I think when you get to this age you start going "it's not how much money you can make, it's how you can develop as a being" - that would be over the next five years.

'Over the next fifteen years, I'll probably just try to stay alive,' he joked.

Remember this? Butler portrayed Leonidas, the king of Sparta who, along with 300 soldiers, battles to prevent the Persian army from invading all of Greece in action drama 300 in 2007

Ladies man: He also stole our hearts in the film P.S I Love You alongside Hilary Swank

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1