The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis

Go down 
+5
Dallas
gindolin
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Mr. Clooney is coming to my stomping grounds, and if the opportunity arises, I'm seriously thinking about trying out as an extra for the film (word is they might need upwards of about 2,000 of them). So five months of possible Clooney sightings and the baseball All Star Game next year...I am so gonna be needing to be out and about the area next year... Wink

From KSDK St. Louis website :

KSDK -- George Clooney is coming to St. Louis to film his next movie.

The work begins in January when the crew will scout locations, begin building sets and do the hiring. Producers might need as many as 2,000 extras for the film.

It's called "Up in the Air," and stars Clooney along with actress Vera Farmiga.

Gary Hansen heads up the studio mechanics Local 493.

"'Up in the Air' is a really big deal for us coming to St. Louis," Hansen says. "It's a large movie. It's going to be a lot of employment for the members of 493."

Local film crews are ecstatic. This is a big budget film, by "Juno" director Jason Reitman. Production crews will set up shop on January 5 and they could be working here up to five months.

"It will make our year in an economy that's awfully sluggish and a lot of the commercials that we normally live off of aren't supporting our families," Hansen says.

They're not alone. Hotels, restaurants, and local businesses also stand to benefit.

"A movie like this, probably the economic impact could be as high as $50 million," says J. Kim Tucci, St. Louis Film Office.

Some filming will also be done in Miami and Las Vegas, but the bulk of shooting will be here and that will likely mean plenty of jobs, money and George Clooney sightings around St. Louis.

"I'm sure after your show after you put this on the air, people are going to be lining up outside figuring out how they meet George Clooney," Tucci says.

No answer to that yet, but Lambert Airport's closed D Concourse is one likely location for filming. The movie follows Clooney's character, a guy who lays people off for a living, on his mission to collect a million frequent flyer miles.

"It's going to be all over the city. They're going to have 85 different sets to dress in 50 days," says Hansen.

And local film crews say if all goes well with this movie, this could be St. Louis's big break. Apparently some last minute wrangling to get tax credits from the state, helped seal the deal.

Incidentally, this will be the third movie shot at Lambert in three years. A film called "The Lucky Ones" was shot in the summer of 2007. And in May they filmed "The Informant" there with Matt Damon.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Go for it, DK.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Birdseed
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Birdseed

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Absolutely, do it, Donna. It would be fun.
Back to top Go down
gindolin
Boringly Sane
gindolin

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Donna,
You really really must do it because:
1) you will kick yourself later if you pass up this opportunity
2) This could be "THE BIG BREAK"
3) What a story to tell afterwards
4) I want to live vicariously through you...
5) You never know, George may be between girlfriends at the time...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:25 am

Well, I'm not imagining I'll be becoming a bigtime actress or anything anytime soon. And while the girlfriend thing sounds intriguing, I doubt I'm his type. But it might be something fun to do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Do it!!!! Do it!!!! Do it!!!!

how's that for peer pressure?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Damn it! What are you waiting for?

George ... now there's a man who lets the grey come gracefully.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm waiting for the information as to where/if/when the casting call takes place (if it hasn't already). It's quite possible I've already missed the boat, as casting calls seem to take place some time before the movie is scheduled to be filmed. Since filming is supposed to start this month, my guess is that they probably already did the casting call months ago. I can't find any information.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Well then, go to a few of the filming sites and just stand there.

You know, just innocently. Wink
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:14 pm

They're supposed to be filming at the airport. I don't think that would go over too well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Then carry a suitcase and travel documents! Jeepers, do I have to come over there?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:44 pm

You HAVE to have a boarding pass to get into the terminal area. I'm not buying a plane ticket just to sit in the airport.

Yes, please do come here so I can beat you with a wet noodle.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Soft, wet noodle? Hmmm ... okay. But no soy sauce please. Laughing

Sorry if George's next g'friend didn't work out for you, DK.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:14 am

Well it looks like I missed my chance anyway....shooting starts TODAY.

I guess (as usual) I'm a day late and a dollar short.

They must have had that casting call months ago, yet I just found out about them even filming the movie here about two weeks ago. Since we're not CA or NY or any place like that, people aren't really looking for these things to come up, and as one who watches the news just about every day, I guess they just didn't publicize it enough. Still, five months of shooting here is supposed to bring a LOT of revenue into the city. It's a good thing, and you never know...I might spot Mr. Clooney around town. I work very near the airport.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:52 am

They announced on the news this morning that the casting call for this movie is next Saturday and Sunday. Smile Shooting starts on March 3 and runs through April. You have to be available for the entire time (though I seriously doubt they're going to need extras for that entire time...do they?).
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:28 pm

YEAH cheers DO IT!!
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:05 am

Do it. You know you want to do it.

peer pressure.

I would.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:38 pm

I will quote The Waterboy: "You 'kin do it!" cheers
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:45 pm

The casting call was last weekend and, unfortunately, I couldn't make it in person due to the weather. It's just as well...I don't know what these people were thinking, because they said they only expected about 1000 people. Come on! It's a freaking George Clooney movie! About 8000 showed up, and they had to turn several thousand away. If it had been me running the thing, I would not have had an open casting call like that. I would have had them mail in the forms and pictures, gotten them pre-screened, and THEN called people for personal interviews.

Ah well...there was the option to mail in your form and picture - which I did. So no one can say I didn't give it an effort. I'm not really expecting them to pick me, so I'm not gonna stress over it. It is what it is, and whatever will be will be.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:51 pm

That's a good attitude to have about it, DK! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Okay, so I found out that I got a hit on my personal website from West Hollywood - Touchstone Television. I was like, "why would a place like that be accessing my site"? I did a little bit of research, and it would appear they have done some of George Clooney's movies in the past. I don't know what label this new movie is going to be under, but it got me to thinking that maybe, just maybe, they're interested in my application as an extra and wanted more information on me. Either that, or it was just a web crawler or something. Laughing

Hey, you never know...
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:54 pm

That is so cool, DK! I hope they contact you!
Back to top Go down
ladyremi

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:58 pm

George Clooney is sure aint my cup of tea Suspect
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:50 am

ladyremi wrote:
George Clooney is sure aint my cup of tea Suspect

Good because I'm not a share-and-play-nicely-with-others type of person.

Best of luck, DK. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ladyremi

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 am

You can have him but you can't have Gerry! All mine! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis   George Clooney to film next movie in St. Louis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Pantry Member Stuff :: General Chit Chat :: Miscellaneous Off Topic-
Jump to: