The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hollywood star Gerard Butler shows his support for Scotland's history by purchasing a commemorative slab at Culloden battlefield

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Hollywood star Gerard Butler shows his support for Scotland's history by purchasing a commemorative slab at Culloden battlefield Empty
PostSubject: Hollywood star Gerard Butler shows his support for Scotland's history by purchasing a commemorative slab at Culloden battlefield   Hollywood star Gerard Butler shows his support for Scotland's history by purchasing a commemorative slab at Culloden battlefield Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 am

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hollywood-star-gerard-butler-shows-2929085

Hollywood star Gerard Butler shows his support for Scotland's history by purchasing a commemorative slab at Culloden battlefield

THE actor's name is engraved on a walkway to the historic battlefield which was created to raise cash for a new visitor centre.
Gerard Butler Gerard Butler
Michael N. Todaro/Getty Images

MOVIE warrior Gerard Butler is paving a path to Scottish fans’ hearts – by supporting a ­heritage project.

While fellow stars such as Julianne Moore have been honoured on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Butler has shown his ­concerns lie at home – paying for his name to be engraved on a walkway at the historic Culloden battlefield.

The commemorative slab simply reads: “Culloden. ­Gerard J Butler. Actor and Loyal Son of ­Scotland.”

A spokesman for the National Trust for Scotland, who run the iconic site, said the Paisley-born actor paid for the stone ­following an appeal.

He said: “It obviously means a lot to him, while at the same time supporting a vital and important heritage site.

“He responded to our project appeal.

“The cost of this form of support was £495, with funds going directly to the project to restore the battlefield and create the visitor ­centre.”

Earlier this year, Olympus Has Fallen star Butler, 44, said: “I go to Scotland maybe three times a year and I love it.

“When I’m at home, I feel at home, I feel myself, I feel connected.

“To be back with your family and your friends, and to be in the land that made me who I am, ­especially now that my family live in the ­Highlands.”
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1