The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance   Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:19 pm

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/gerard-butler-jackson-inspired-me-to-dance-29155957.html

Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance 0Comments

Gerard Butler says watching a documentary about Michael Jackson inspired him to take a dance class.

The Scottish actor is a keen dancer and was blown away when he watched This Is It, which following the King of Pop as he prepared for a series of shows shortly before his death in 2009.

He developed an urge to replicate Michael's signature moves, so took the matter into his own hands.

"This is how sad I am: after watching This Is It about Michael Jackson, I went to a hip-hop one-on-one class. It was just me and this top-notch choreographer," he told Parade. "I was running late. I was in the middle of getting ready for [surfer movie] Chasing Mavericks so I was this white guy with long hair. The guy was like, in the nicest way, ‘Why are you here?’ I was all right. People always used to say I was born with black in my soul."

Singing is another of Gerard's passions and he was the frontman of a rock band in his youth. He also showed off his vocal ability in 2004 release The Phantom of the Opera and would love to do so again.

"I actually just got asked to do a musical on Broadway, which would be an interesting idea, but in the end it didn’t work out. So we’ll see. I sing for fun. When you act in movies, it’s a certain way of expressing yourself, and when you act on stage, it’s another area. Same with singing," he said.

Gerard is proud of her heritage but also has a soft spot for America. His career means he spends a great deal of time in the US and he finds playing characters from the country enjoyable.

“I would never want to be anything other than Scottish. But I love this country and it’s given me great opportunity," he explained. "I love everything it stands for and I love American people. Since they made Braveheart, I kind of have to be an American to be a badass. They’ve covered most Scottish badasses.”

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance   Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance 415251 Born with black in his soul!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance   Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Dallas wrote:
"I was running late.
Ah Gerry. Say it ain't so!!

Oh...and Nay??? I'm laughing with you as well.

Last edited by Nay on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed your quote tags, Sami darling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance   Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerard Butler: Jackson inspired me to dance
Page 1 of 1