The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler: Film is relatable

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler: Film is relatable Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler: Film is relatable   Gerard Butler: Film is relatable Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 pm

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/gerard-butler-film-is-relatable_3402182

Gerard Butler identified with his 'Playing For Keeps' character right away and thinks everyone can relate to his journey as he learns to grow up.

Gerard Butler's new movie is about ''learning to grow up''.

The Scottish actor identified instantly with his 'Playing For Keeps' character George - a former professional athlete who tries to repair his relationship with his son by coaching his soccer time - because of his internal struggles in trying to move ahead with his life.

He said: ''Well, what attracted me to him was this guy's trip. He's a bit down on his luck. He's trying to make something of his life. He's a nice dude. You like this guy. He's a charmer, but at the same time, internally, he's kind of lost a lot of his confidence, and he's chaotic, and he doesn't really know how to hold his own space.

''I think this is a movie about, really, him learning to grow up. And I think we all identify with that is where to make the commitment, where to learn how to have some responsibility, how to get rid of the distractions.''

Gerard - whose character gets distracted by many of the mothers of the boys in his time - thinks there will be at least one character that every audience member can relate to.

He added to Buzzine Film: ''He comes to this town, he's a fish out of water, he meets new people; it's a new life, and he meets a lot of crazy people as well.

''And how do you deal with that, you know? He goes home; they're in his bed, or they're outside his house, or they're luring him in with jobs.

''And I think that it's a very universal idea. I mean everybody can relate either with the ex-wife, or the kid, or George, or the frustrated women who are in there, you know, who want a piece of him. It's coming from all angles.''

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1