The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome lorilei!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Welcome lorilei!! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome lorilei!!   Welcome lorilei!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:15 am

Now I'm thinking of that Styx song.... Wink

Welcome to the Pantry! Welcome lorilei!! 166223
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Welcome lorilei!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome lorilei!!   Welcome lorilei!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 am

I love that name and song! Was a nickname of mine in highschool!

Welcome...... sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Welcome lorilei!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome lorilei!!   Welcome lorilei!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Hello Lorelei. I like the fact that you've visited already. Bravo! Welcome lorilei!! 166223
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Welcome lorilei!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome lorilei!!   Welcome lorilei!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi, Lorilei!! Welcome! flower

Actually, I wasn't thinking of a song. Two thoughts came to mind. One: Lauren Graham's character Lorelai on Gilmore Girls.

Two: I was pretty sure I remembered Lorelei being a siren or somthing from maybe Greek or Roman mythology. I looked it up. She's actually classified as a German legend. See two of the definitions I found below, from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Lorelei:

Lo·re·lei (lôr-l, lr-)
n.
A siren of Germanic legend whose singing lures sailors to shipwreck.

(The American Heritage®️ Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©️2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.)

Lorelei [ˈlɒrəˌlaɪ]
n
(Myth & Legend / European Myth & Legend) (in German legend) a siren, said to dwell on a rock at the edge of the Rhine south of Koblenz, who lures boatmen to destruction
[from German Lurlei name of the rock; from a poem by Clemens Brentano (1778-1842)]

(Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged ©️ HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003)

I'm not sure how these defintions bode for our Gerry. He seems especially suspeptible to being lured into destruction by singing temptresses (or violin playing ones anyway Wink )..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Welcome lorilei!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome lorilei!!   Welcome lorilei!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:30 pm

LadyNOLA wrote:
I'm not sure how these defintions bode for our Gerry. He seems especially suspeptible to being lured into destruction by singing temptresses (or violin playing ones anyway Wink )..... Laughing
Ohohoh, so it was all HER fault, Emily. She lured him by stroking her instrument. Welcome lorilei!! 415251
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Welcome lorilei!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome lorilei!!   Welcome lorilei!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:02 am

Welcome lorilei!! 646968 Oh no, not at all!! If he fell under her "spell", he has no one to blame but himself. He's perfectly capable of stroking his own instrument. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome lorilei!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome lorilei!!   Welcome lorilei!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome lorilei!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Pantry Member Stuff :: Introductions :: New Member Welcome Threads-
Jump to: