The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

BREAKING NEWS - Near Death Surfing Experience for Butler!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - Near Death Surfing Experience for Butler!   Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:15 pm

What a scary story! I'm glad he's okay. 20-40 seconds trapped underwater would feel like forever when it's happening!
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 12989
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - Near Death Surfing Experience for Butler!   Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:27 pm

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20559238,00.html

Gerard Butler: Near-Death Surfing Accident Was 'Close Call'
By Liz Raftery

Gerard Butler is battling an addiction – to surfing.

Butler, 42, says he wanted to get right back into the water after his near-death experience when he was pulled underwater and dragged over a reef in Northern California last month while filming the surf movie Of Men and Mavericks.

"I was going to go back that day," the 300 star said on the U.K.'s The Graham Norton Show. "I was actually in the ambulance and wanted to go back, which was a little crazy, but it’s pretty addictive."

Instead, Butler was taken to Stanford Medical Center, where he was evaluated and released.

Speaking about the incident, Butler tells Norton: "This was maybe one of the few times that the reports were not exaggerated. It was a pretty close call. ... [The waves] just took me and I couldn't get up. It was pretty hairy."

But if there's a silver lining to the incident, it's that it helped Butler get into his character, surf enthusiast Rick "Frosty" Hesson.

"In the movie, I put in a scene about a 'two wave hold down,' when you are down for so long that the next wave comes over before you get back up, and that's what happened to me," he said.

"They finally grabbed me just as another huge wave was coming in. It was just like a movie! In fact, everything I talked about happening in the movie happened to me."

Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 12989

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - Near Death Surfing Experience for Butler!   Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:34 pm

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/gerard-butler-surfing-accident-was-a-close-call-201261

Gerard Butler: Surfing Accident Was a "Close Call"Celebrity News
January 6, 2012 AT 12:25PM By Rebecca Macatee

Gerard Butler is one tough cookie!

The 42-year-old actor was seriously injured in a surfing accident in December, but the Mavericks star told The Graham Norton Show he wanted to get back on the board right away.

"I was going to go back that day," he said. "I was actually in the ambulance and waned to go back, which was a little crazy, but it's pretty addictive."

Butler told Norton the accident "was maybe of of the few times that reports were not exaggerated. It was a pretty close call."

The 300 star was swept under several gigantic waves that "just took me in, and I couldn't get up. It was pretty hairy."

On the positive side, Butler's accident helped him relate to the surfing enthusiast he plays in Mavericks. "In the movie, I put in a scene about a 'two wave hold down' when you are down for so long that the next wave comes over before you get back up and that’s what happened to me," he explained. "I actually thought they will get me later and resuscitate me. They finally grabbed me just as another huge wave was coming in –- it was just like a movie! In fact, everything I talked about happening in the movie happened to me."
Back to top Go down
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - Near Death Surfing Experience for Butler!   Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Dallas wrote:
"In the movie, I put in a scene about a ...
He put in a scene? He did?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - Near Death Surfing Experience for Butler!   Today at 5:35 am

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Near Death Surfing Experience for Butler!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2