The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MGP to be remarketed?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

MGP to be remarketed? Empty
PostSubject: MGP to be remarketed?   MGP to be remarketed? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 am

Comments from Sam from the full article here:

http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2011/11/taking-up-a-gun-for-kids-preacher-tells-how-he-fought-for-sudans-children.php

Preacher tells how he fought for Sudan's children

Quote :
Childers is disappointed in what he said was a lack of promotion of the film.

"The movie came out in late September," Childers said. "The people that marketed the movie done a flop on it."

Butler and director Marc Forster are very upset, he said.

"They're getting ready to re-market this movie in a hundred theaters across the U.S.," Childers said.

If it turns out the previous marketing was the cause of the movie not being a hit, it'll be re-released at Easter, he said. The movie received a standing ovation at the Toronto Film Festival in September, according to the Los Angeles Times' website, www.latimesblogs.latimes.com.

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: MGP to be remarketed?   MGP to be remarketed? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 pm

That must make all the Gman fans super happy, no? Especially those who have been liking the video and writing letters.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: MGP to be remarketed?   MGP to be remarketed? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Sam, Gerry, and Marc should be upset. There was virtually no marketing of this film. I don't think I saw one add for it on TV. Granted, that may be because where I was living at the time didn't get this movie, but still. It's a movie that should have had mass appeal. I don't get why it was only in such a limited amount of theaters. This movie could have done well had they done a nationwide release and a better ad campaign. Guess they didn't have much money to spend on ads. Gerry did mention how he took a massive pay cut for this movie, so obviously the budget couldn't have been very big.

It's such a shame because I really think this movie could done well if people had known about it. But how are people supposed to know it's out there (if their cities even got it at all) if they don't run ads for it?

I still haven't seen it yet myself. It's on my Netflix list (though they don't have a DVD release date for it yet).

For those of you living in an area where it was released, do you remember seeing TV ads for it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGP to be remarketed?   MGP to be remarketed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGP to be remarketed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: Machine Gun Preacher-
Jump to: