The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Empty
PostSubject: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Here's the full interview. I think it starts on Part 5.
I haven't listened to it, but it's long and NSFW.

http://howardstern.com.tw/index.html

Here's an interview from the green room:

http://www.siriusxm.com/howardweb/mp3/91401.mp3
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:56 pm

What a time for my computer speakers to be not working!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 am

It's on youtube now in 6 parts.

Here's a page with all of them, for easy reference:

http://www.shabooty.com/2011/09/14/audio-gerard-butler-on-howard-stern-show-09-14-11.php
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:37 am

Pic at link:

http://howardstern.com/

GERARD BUTLER MEASURES UP
Gerard Butler stopped by to promote his latest film, ‘Machine Gun Preacher,’ but doubted he was, as Howard speculated, opposite of the last guest: “You obviously haven’t seen my balls.” Gerard told the crew he’d struggled a long time before becoming an actor--as a child, and later, a drunk law school-graduate--and was even fired from his post-grad job at a law firm. Gerard said it was less serious than it sounds, deadpanning: “I was fired because my father never loved me as a child.”
But the day he was fired, Gerard went to see a stage production of ‘Trainspotting’ and found inspiration: “I’m sitting there going, ‘This could’ve been my life.’” Gerard then committed himself to acting, so much so that he later transformed himself for his breakout role in ‘300.’ Gerard said his ‘300’ physique took two trainers, 6-hour daily workouts, and “not steroids but creatine and glucamine...I beat the shit out of my body.” He sustained lasting tendinosis in his biceps: “I still have issues in both shoulders to this day.”

GERARD ON JENNIFER
Asked if he’d ever lived with a girl, Gerard shrugged that he was too busy to know, apologizing to an imaginary live-in paramour: “I hear you were here and I hear you’ve left but I see no evidence because my cleaner’s been here six times.” Gerard said he had no trouble finding women (But: “It’s harder in America.”) and denied ever being in love with Jennifer Aniston: “No. Although I love her.”
Howard said he’d been seated behind Aniston at a concert and watched her shake her “million-dollar ass”, so Gerard laughed that the move was no innocent mistake: “Just that little dance, she probably knew that you’d talk about it over the years.” Gerard said he had no desire to become half of a celebrity couple: “Their life becomes a military operation and to me, that’s not what I’m looking for.” He added that it’s important, as a famous actor, “to live a normal life in as many ways as you can.” That said, he continued: “We became very close. I had a great time working with her.”

GERARD’S SEXUAL RESUME
Howard went down a list of Gerard’s reported dalliances, starting with Naomi Campbell--Gerard smiled: “I’ve known her for a long time and she’s got--I think she’s great. I think she’s a goddess.” Gerard denied “dirty dancing” with Lindsay Lohan: “I don’t remember dancing with Lindsay Lohan but if I did, it was probably just crap dancing.” Gerard also dismissed claims that he’d bedded Cheryl Burke, Jessica Biel and--particularly--Scarlett Johnassen: “Never had sex with her.”

THE ROLES HE TURNED DOWN
Before he left, Howard asked Gerard to name a few roles he’d turned down, so Gerard cited the ‘Fantastic Four’ (but not a specific role), Watson opposite Robert Downey Jr.’s Sherlock Holmes, and ‘Salt’--the character was originally written as a man, Edwin A. Salt: “The strategy was to not do all action films. And a lot of them were crap.” Howard also asked if he’d ever gotten any orgy action, like two girls at the same time, so Gerard laughed: “That’s not an orgy. That’s how I roll.”
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:10 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by this Stern interview. As I stated in the Twitter/FB thread, it was not nearly as crude and offensive as I worried it would be. A few vulgarities that weren't really my thing, but overall a pretty cool interview. I don't mind sex talk and off-color humor as long as it doesn't go too far. And this interview mostly didn't in my opinion. They also touched on some deep, meaningful stuff.

Oh, and regarding the segment where Stern asked him if he still, how should I put this....choked the chicken....was anyone else a little confused by Gerry's answer?
Back to top Go down
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Emily....

I just love the way you think and the stuff that you write. It feels like we have similar thought patterns Smile

I too was kinda impressed by the Stern interview, and I'm not overly crazy about Howard - can take him or leave him. And as much as he is crude, it strangely doesn't bother me either.

I love the way Howard was sorta needling Gerry about stuff. Almost like he researched or took all that was ever written about Gerry and strategically tossed it to Gerry - and GB was apparently taken aback at times! Love it.

Guess they were hoping Gerry would spill some beans! lol.

The back and forth was cool. And the honest banter, albeit crude at times, was enjoyable. Like a regular, non-broadcast kind of conversation.

I can only hope that Gerry is that cool in real life not before the microphone or camera.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:45 am

Peege88 wrote:
Emily....

I just love the way you think and the stuff that you write. It feels like we have similar thought patterns Smile

Thank you, Amanda! That made me smile. Very Happy

And you're right about how Stern really did seem to do his research. He touched on a lot of stuff from Gerry's past. Which is why I remember finding it surprising (and maybe a little awkward) when Stern asked him if his dad was still in his life. He seemed to know everything else about the stories Gerry's told about his father's absense and reconnecting with him. Yet he didn't know his father had died of cancer? That seemed odd to me.

Gerry really seemed to enjoy the interview too though. His comments to Stern and to the interviewer in the green room (I think it was) made it sound like he really felt this was a treat and an honor for him to get to do, calling Stern an icon and all that.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:31 am

Video:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!    HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOWARD STERN: Gerard Butler talks about dating, marriage & Robin!
Page 1 of 1