The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot

Go down 
+2
Nay
Dallas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Empty
PostSubject: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 2:52 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20100452-501465.html

(CBS) - Ugh. Another hacking group hits the scene. This time they're not even attempting a message or purpose. A new faction that claims to be an offshoot of Anonymous named Hollywood Leaks has targeted celebrity emails and Twitter accounts.

The group has leaked phone numbers of entrepreneur Mark Cuban, singer Miley Cyrus and actress Ashley Greene on document sharing site Pastebin. Tom Cruise's latest script for a musical called "Rock of Age" was also released on the Pirate Bay. Nude photos of rap newcomer Kreayshawn were tweeted to over 300,000 followers from her hacked Twitter account while she was at the MTV Video Music Awards.

Thursday morning a release included the email addresses of actor Gerard Butler, rappers Waka Flocka and Lloyd Banks.

All announcements are made through their Twitter account, which is filled with racist and homophobic comments.

A statement given to Gawker's Adrian Chen via email gives insight to their mission, "We're simply here to facilitate the free flow of information from a place which was previously over looked, Hollywood."

According Chen the group isn't particularly tech savvy, "they say they've broken into accounts mostly by guessing bad security questions."

Just from an initial glance at the types of hacks and tweets released, it doesn't seem very Anonymous-like, who usually targets for political reasons. It's most likely a bunch of people who want to pick on famous people, using Anonymous' method of delivery. Either way, they're menacing.

We reached out to Miley Cirus and Gerard Butler to no avail. If hacking history tells us anything, this is just the beginning. Hold on tight to your publicists, celebs. You're going to need them.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:52 am

Nude photos?

When will these women learn ... Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot 642267
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:34 am

Hollywood is full of frauds who create images to attract fans who are gullible enough to believe everything they read and are told about a person. Very few people are what they really seem and I gave up trying to convince people last year not to believe the hype about it because people like their fantasies and they also don't like to believe they can be so easily duped. This is not new but people still fall for it. Rock Hudson anyone?

I don't agree with the methods of this group at all but I think it's hilarious and I bet many people in Hollywood are changing passwords and squirming this morning wondering which of their secrets will come out. This would be a great time to a celebrity publicist since they are likely logging a lot of overtime!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:32 am

Quote :
Tom Cruise's latest script for a musical called "Rock of Age" was also released on the Pirate Bay.
Oh, yeah? Isn't there already a musical called Rock of Ages already running on Broadway?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Yep

http://www.rockofagesmusical.com/broadway.php

I'm assuming the movie Cruise's starring in is based on it. His movie comes out in 2012 according to IMDb.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:50 pm

Ugh.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:14 pm

I started following HWLeaks just to see what they'd do next, and they're posting telephone numbers of celeb's friends. Thank God I'm not friends with any major celebrities.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:39 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Thank God I'm not friends with any major celebrities.

Now that's a sentence you don't hear too often. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:34 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot   Hollywood is being hacked by Anonymous offshoot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1