The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Empty
PostSubject: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:49 pm

HFPA GIVES AWAY RECORD $1.5 MILLION
The Hollywood Foreign Press is giving away a record $1.5 million to film-related organizations and charities this year.
The donations will be handed out at the star-studded Grants and Installation Lunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel on August 4.

Among the stars attending will be Leonardo DiCaprio who will be accepting a check for $350,000 on behalf of the Film Foundation, which was founded by Martin Scorsese for the preservation and restoration of classic films. Other A-listers who will be there include Mark Wahlberg, Gerard Butler, Hugh Dancy, Jessica Chastain, Kevin Bacon, Lea Michele, Taylor Lautner, Elizabeth Olsen, Yoshiki and Jim Sturgess.

Appropriately for an association comprised mainly of foreign journalists, the grants go to a wide spectrum of organisations, such as $50,000 to FilmAid International for screenings and filmmaker training in Kenya refugee camps, $75,000 to support the film program at Los Angeles County Museum of Art, $45,000 to American Cinematheque for screenings of foreign language Golden Globe nominees and $100,000 to the Sundance Institute.

Other grants include a total of $511,000 for higher education and institutional support to various universities and institutes, $15,000 to the Lollipop Theater Network for bedside film screenings for children in hospital, $17,500 to the Levantine Cultural Center to support a monthly Middle Eastern film series, and $10,000 to the Young Musicians Foundation for its Guest Conductor Series.

Last edited by Dallas on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Pics here:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=gerard+butler&assetType=image#

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/pMLrnc0bnn0/Hollywood+Foreign+Press+Association+2011+Installation/igsZtTl-e3e/Gerard+Butler

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos?q=gerard+butler

http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/242127/elizabeth-olsen-joins-a-list-at-hollywood-foreign-press-association-luncheon

http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000072171&p=0

Last edited by Dallas on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:30 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Pics at link:

http://www.celebuzz.com/2011-08-04/gerard-butler-looking-slim-and-trim-at-hfpa-luncheon-photos/

Gerard Butler Looking Slim and Trim at HFPA Luncheon (PHOTOS)
Is it just us, or does Gerard Butler look a little, well, little?

Gerard Butler Attends the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Luncheon

Gerard Butler arrives at The Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 2011 Installation Luncheon at Beverly Hills Hotel on August 4, 2011 in Beverly Hills

Last edited by Dallas on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Now on JJ:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/08/04/gerard-butler-hfpa-luncheon/

Gerard Butler Lunches with the HFPA

Gerard Butler suits up for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2011 Installation Luncheon held at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Thursday (August 4) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The 41-year-old Scottish actor met up with his producer pal Ryan Kavanaugh at the event.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerard attended Ryan’s wedding in Italy last month, where he watched him tie the knot with dancer Britta Lazenga.

Last week, Gerry attended the MLS All-Star match against Manchester United in New Jersey.

20+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler at the HFPA Luncheon…

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:25 am

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/2011/08/04/golden_globes_lunch_gives_away_1.5_million_to_charities_film_schools/

Golden Globes Lunch Gives Away $1.5 Million to Charities, Film Schools

The purpose of the annual Golden Globes lunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel is for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association to use their clout with would-be Globes nominees to mount a starry red carpet event, and invite press and other friends of the organization, so that they will broadcast the HFPA’s generosity and charity.

Why? Because the organization makes millions every year on the Golden Globe Awards, and needs to give some of that money—this year a record $1.5 million—to worthy recipients such as New York University, Film Independent, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Outfest, Martin Scorsese’s Film Foundation, and the American Cinematheque. I’m glad they do. And I was happy to eat yummy fish and clap my eyes on the likes of Taylor Lautner (surrounded by such adoring fans as Lea Michele and Elizabeth Olsen). The big laugh of the day was Mark Wahlberg telling his The Departed co-star Leonardo DiCaprio that Lautner’s in better shape than either of them. “We’re out of a job,” he said.

Gerard Butler, looking very svelte for a new role in Curtis Hanson’s surfer film Mavericks, told me that his career is always twisting and turning. After doing a lot of action films after 300, he headed toward comedies, and then wanted to exercise his acting chops again in Machine Gun Preacher and Coriolanus, which will both play Toronto. Now he’s heading back toward big-budget action, he said. His 2012 releases are Gabriele Mucchino’s family soccer drama Playing the Field, co-starring Jessica Biel and Dennis Quaid, and Movie 43, which stars every working SAG actor on the planet, basically.

Also attending were Jessica Chastain and husky-voiced Shohreh Agdashloo, both wearing royal blue, Jim Sturgess in a close-cropped haircut, Mad Men‘s Elizabeth Moss (in a dowdy dress), Kevin Bacon, Relativity’s Ryan Kavanaugh, and X-Japan star Yoshiki Hayashi, who charmed the room with his heavily-accented English. He hopes to land some gigs composing film scores.

The new head of the HFPA, Dr. Aida Takla O’ Reilly, told the guests: “Thanks to many of you sitting in this room today, the Association has been able to give back over 1.5 million dollars to the most deserving entertainment-related charities, foundations, and scholarship programs. After today’s festivities, we can proudly say our organization has donated more than 13.5 million dollars over the past 17 years through our grants program.”

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:51 am

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/hammond-while-wall-street-loses-money-hfpa-gives-it-away/

HAMMOND: HFPA Gives Away Record $1.5M

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association held its annual lunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel and presented a record $1,579,500 in financial grants to 46 film schools and nonprofit organizations. Over the past 17 years, the org best known for awarding Golden Globes in January has awarded $13.5 million through their grants program, according to newly elected HFPA president Aida Takla O'Reilly.

All this philanthropic activity comes even as the sometimes controversial group of foreign entertainment journalists remains embroiled in ongoing legal battles with their longtime Globes production company, Dick Clark Productions, over rights to their annual highly rated awards show on NBC (and an Emmy nominee this year) as well as another legal dust-up with former publicist Michael Russell.

Despite the legal woes and bad Wall Street news, the HFPA luncheon was an upbeat affair, drawing numerous entertainment execs like Fox's Peter Rice, FX's John Landgraf, Relativity's Ryan Kavanaugh and Fox Searchlight's Nancy Utley, among others. There was also the usual starry turnout to help hand out the checks including Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Walhberg, Gerard Butler, Kevin Bacon, Yoshiki Hayashi, Jessica Chastain, Hugh Dancy, Lea Michele, Taylor Lautner, Elizabeth Moss, Elizabeth Olsen, Jim Sturgess, Shohreh Aghdashloo and Gabriel Macht, who all took turns introducing each other in the fast-paced, breezy presentation.

Over the years, awards-season strategists have also seen the lunch as a great opportunity to get some of their potential awards contenders in front of a captive audience of HFPA voters, and it was no different this year as Butler, DiCaprio, Olsen and Chastain are all actors with upcoming releases expected to figure in year-end awards considerations. Last year at this lunch, for instance, I noticed Annette Bening and Nicole Kidman on the lineup, and both did end up with Globes (and Oscar) nods. The exposure certainly can't hurt as they say, especially in the overly crowded fall field of contenders. At the very least, the luncheon sort of serves as one of those "unofficial" precursors of the impending season. "I guess it's all starting all over again," one awards consultant still suffering battle scars from last year wearily told me.

Still, the person getting the most attention in the room was one whose main awards haul has been only at fan-voted events like the MTV Movie Awards, Teen Choice and People's Choice Awards, The Twilight Saga's Taylor Lautner. Glee's Lea Michele met him onstage like a drooling fan, "Oh my God, it's Taylor Lautner", she shrieked. And presenter Mark Wahlberg had words of warning about Lautner for fellow presenter DiCaprio. "Leo, I'm sitting at a table with a guy who's better looking than you and in better shape than me. Boogie Nights and Titanic were a long time ago, pal. It's over," he said, pointing to the Twilight werewolf hunk who was on hand to accept a check for the Sundance Institute.

DiCaprio, an HFPA favorite who has been nominated seven times, won once for The Aviator and now stars in the upcoming Clint Eastwood drama J.Edgar, just announced for a Nov. 9 opening, was first up to accept the annual check on behalf of the Film Foundation, one of Martin Scorsese's passion projects. "For Steven (Spielberg), Marty, Clint and all directors, I accept this on behalf of the partnership between the Film Foundation and the HFPA, which has donated $3 million over the last 15 years for our preservation and film restoration projects," he said, noting that this year's check would go to the restoration of The Tales Of Hoffman, Death of a Salesman and Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion. He also noted that previous HFPA grants helped restore such classics as the 1933 King Kong, How Green Was My Valley, The River, Paths of Glory, The Red Shoes and many others.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:02 am

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 am

More video:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/120586444/Getty-Images-Entertainment-Video
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:03 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2022750/Has-taken-far-Gerard-Butler-displays-noticeably-slimmer-frame-Hollywood-luncheon.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Has he taken it too far? Gerard Butler displays noticeably slimmer frame at Hollywood luncheon

By Daily Mail Reporter

He caused a stir when he started piling on weight last year after wowing fans with his impressive physique in 2006 movie 300.
But it seems after adopting a rigorous diet and exercise regime, Gerard Butler may have taken his weight loss too far.
The 41-year-old actor displayed his slimmer frame in a light grey suit as he attended The Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 2011 Installation Luncheon at the Beverly Hills Hotel yesterday.
Trim and slim: Gerard Butler showed off his new physique at The Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 2011 Installation Luncheon yesterday

Slimmed down: Gerard looked noticeably slimmer than he did back in 2009

Butler looked noticeably trimmer around his torso area as well as his open shirt collar drawing attention to his thinner face and neck.
His trousers looked baggy around his legs and Butler's single-breasted jacket also highlighted his slimmer physique.
Butler previously went into serious training for 300, although some suggested his impeccably defined abs were entirely the result of computer trickery.
But the actor insists he worked hard to sculpt his body in preparation for the role, and was thrilled with the results.

Wasting away: Butler's open shirt collar drew attention to his thinner face and neck

He said: 'You know that every bead of sweat falling off your head, every weight you've pumped - the history of that is all in your eyes.
'That was a great thing, to put on that cape and put on that helmet, and not have to think, "S**t, I should have trained more."
'Instead, I was standing there feeling like a lion.'
However, after shooting the movie, Butler admitted he struggled to maintain the diet and exercise regime he had followed for the movie.
Taking to the stage: The actor spoke to the audience at the event

He said: 'My diet is still never quite as scheduled as I wish it were, but now I try to eat vegetables and chicken instead of burgers and fries like I used to.'
Butler can next be seen playing Sam Childers in Machine Gun Preacher, the story of the former criminal turned crusader who founded an orphange in Africa.
Talking about the role recently, the actor said: 'Those other roles were based on historic characters who became the stuff of legend, but Sam is a guy of our times.
'There is more complexity in a modern-day character who's a drug addict and a biker turned businessman, missionary and soldier. You don't get roles like this very often.'

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Pics at link:

http://www.ineedmyfix.com/2011/08/05/gerard-butler-brings-the-awkward-to-hollywood-foreign-press-luncheon-photos/

Gerard Butler Brings The Awkward To Hollywood Foreign Press

Gerard Butler brings the awkward to yesterday’s 2011 Hollywood Foreign Press Association Luncheon held at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Now before you send me hate mail and death threats (and get your panties in a bunch assuming they are still on at this point), what I mean is his stance is very awkward in this photo. Clearly it’s but a moment in time but it’s kind of funny. And awkward.

I’m not sure how I feel about his hair. He’s growing it out and it looks like it got lighter. Perhaps it was from being out in the sun in Italy this past summer, but I’m not sure if it’s working for me. Is it working for you? What I don’t like is he doesn’t seem very happy. Maybe he misses me, I dunno.

Below the neck I have to say mommy likes. Gerard Butler is looking most delicious and cut. The color of that suit makes his eyes pop and my panties drop.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:08 pm

http://www.mrpaparazzi.com/post/15914/Woah-Gerard-Butlers-changed-a-bit.aspx

Woah, Gerard Butler’s changed a bit…

We don’t use this term lightly, nor do we use it in capital letters with exclamation marks on the end but… OMFG!!! Who is the slim, chisel-jawed, beefcake of a man in that picture and what has he done with Gerard Butler?

Not that Gerard Butler hasn’t always been a bit of a ‘beefcake’, but he was more of a cuddly, go out for a curry and a pint type of fella. Not the Adonis that stands before us today. He’s changed, and we’re not sure we like it.

The 300 star revealed his recent transformation at The Hollywood Foreign Press Association's annual installation luncheon in Beverly Hills yesterday where other guests included Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Lautner, Lea Michele and Kevin Bacon.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:10 pm

HFPA Luncheon Facebook pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150278737269306.352898.302301999305&closeTheater=1
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Pics at link:

http://www.accidentalsexiness.com/2011/08/05/gerard-butler-shows-slimmer-figure-luncheon/

Gerard Butler shows off slimmer figure at luncheon!
By Rosy– August 5, 2011

While I do prefer men with some meat on their bones, you’d be hard up to find ways I’d ever dislike Gerard Butler! The handsome Scot was photographed showing off his svelte new figure at The Hollywood Foreign Press Association Annual Luncheon held at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Thursday, August 4th, 2011 in Beverly Hills, California.

Looking dapper in a grey suit, the forty one year old hunk is gearing up to promote two upcoming films at the Toronto Film Festival in September. Both Machine Gun Preacher and Coriolanus will be screened during the popular event that takes place from the 8th until the 18th.

Which are you more excited to see?

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4   Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry at HFPA Luncheon - Beverly Hills, Aug 4
Page 1 of 1