The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique

Go down 
+3
sami_stardust
Sharabella
DonnaKat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Empty
PostSubject: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 pm

http://www.calgarysun.com/entertainment/celebrities/2011/04/03/17860931-wenn-story.html

Arnold Schwarzenegger has exploded the myth Gerard Butler was ripped and toned for his role as a Spartan hero in cult action film 300, revealing the Scottish actor's look was computer generated.

Schwarzenegger made the discovery after approaching the film's producer Mark Canton and asking for details about the fitness regimen Butler adopted to look like a beefy warrior.

The impressed Terminator star wanted to track down the Scot's trainer and hire him to get him back into blockbuster shape, following his two terms as California Governor and was shocked to discover Butler's look was all movie magic.

He tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "I said to Mark Canton, 'You have got to get a hold of this guy (Butler). I want to know what his training regimen is.'

"Canton said, 'What are you talking about? (That look) cost me a lot of money.'"

Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Didn't GB say that he worked out so long and hard for that roll, that he injured his body? I believe him. I know the look was makeup enhanced, with computer assisted highlights and shadows, (It was the graphic-novel style of the movie ) but I'm fairly sure it's all GB under the body paint.

What does every one else think?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:40 pm

I agree, shar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:58 pm

As do I. The movie was CGI enhanced (obviously), but those guys worked out like crazy for those roles.

Maybe the dude said that to Arnold because he didn't want to hurt his feelings into thinking he could keep up with a workout like that at his age. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 am

Well, Arnie is still Governor isn't he. Maybe the trainer was scared of him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Arnie is too old and fragile, had heart surgery, to go through vigorous physical activities of men half his age or younger. He looks great for someone his age.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Yeah, I agree with y'all. I'm sure computer effects and makeup made the muscles seem more defined, etc. But they had to have something there to begin with. I'm sure they really did train very hard.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 pm

This sounds like a story made out of a "quote" that was probably either taken out of context or completely misunderstood AND just used to justify an attention grabbing headline.
I doubt either Arnold or Mark meant to imply that Gerry's body was all CGI or that he didn't actually train and build up his body for the role. They probably didn't say anything close to that if the story is to be believed and if the entire "conversation" was actually reported.
Neither has any logical reason for negatively pubicly commenting about Gerry and his body. The whole thing seems so stupid to me.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:00 pm

It appears as though this has hit Twitter in a fairly big way. Some people are even replying to the CA Governor to *cough* 'clear it up'.

Unbelieveable.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 pm

well, nay. you KNOW this is so much more important than other things going on in the world. sheesh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Let me guess....were they moderators of a particular fansite whose name shall not be named? Wink
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:59 am

Uhmmmmm.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique    Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Schwarzenegger blows cover on Butler's 300 physique
Page 1 of 1