The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler

Go down 
+2
DonnaKat
Dallas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Empty
PostSubject: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:56 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/nu-image-sets-march-start-for-playing-the-field-with-gerard-butler/

Nu Image/Millennium has committed to a March start date for Playing the Field, the Gabriele Muccino-directed film that will star Gerard Butler. In the Robbie Fox-scripted comedy, Butler plays a retired world famous soccer star who tries to rebuild a relationship with his son and ex-wife by coaching his kid's soccer team. While soccer is a hands-free sport, the mothers of the other kids can't keep their hands off the coach, which imperils his plan. Jonathan Mostow, Kevin Misher, Heidi Jo Markel and Butler are producing the sports comedy. Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short and Avi Lerner are executive producers. The film was developed under the title Slide, when the protagonist was a baseball coach. Butler and Muccino came aboard after the script was switched to soccer, but it languished until the Nu Image/Millennium guys stepped up.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 pm

I really hope he was only going to produce this film, not star in it. It sounds horrible. And the fact that he only came aboard when they changed it from baseball to soccer makes me wonder why....was he afraid he couldn't pull of the baseball angle? I hope he keeps his accent. Since he is supposed to be a world class soccer player, it could work.

If this film is starting in March, it sounds like there wouldn't be time for another project. Guess he has nothing in the pipeline?
Bet the Burns fans are crushed that it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon (or at all).
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:56 am

Another romcom? I'm not sure how well the Americans are going to embrace this movie with the soccer angle. Butler may prefer soccer and not like baseball, but Americans are passionately in love with the sport.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:55 am

Quote :
Millennium Films feature film “Playing the Field” will shoot late March 2011 in Shreveport. Please direct resumes to ecallais@millenniumstudios.net.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/entertainment/111961799.html
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Football (soccer) is in his blood, baseball isn't. It is everywhere over there. Junior league, senior, A grade, professional.

For me, the change of focus has been a wise choice. Let's hope it turns into a "Bend It Like Butler" type movie. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Let's hope that he keeps his Scottish accent. If he tries a southern one, especially a Shreveport, Louisiana accent - it may be the death of me. I have a close friend from Shreveport, and it is a specific Louisiana accent, not like one from New Oreleans.
I can't take another butchering.....
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm disappointed in another "rom com" type movie. He just doesn't try to escape those. But I guess he's laughing all the way to the bank. I know I said this a while ago, but it sounds like a Lifetime movie to me. No
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm with all of you about another romcom. Just not interested.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:42 pm

How much you wanna bet G visits New Orleans for Mardi Gras if he's there in time for the fesitivities? Funny thing, I was thinking of going there myself, before I knew anything about this movie. I was instructed that if I visit, I need to not go unchaperoned. I've been to New Orleans before, but not post-Katrina. Based on what I've heard, a lot hasn't changed since then. I guess things would be different than when I went there right after Hurricane Andrew. As it was, I was kind of upset that I didn't get a chance to drive down to visit the beach.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:03 am

There was a tweet from a guy who got a job on PTF. He said the job with be in New Orleans. They are filming in both Shreveport and N.O. according to this guy.
It's all in the Twitter Thread if you want more info....

I have a friend who just bought a second place in N.O. and is now spending most of her time there. She loves it. Things are far from being rebuilt etc, but she doesn't feel that it is more dangerous than before. Of course, she doesn't hang out at night in bad parts of town etc.....but who does, even before Katrina.

I've been to Mardi Gras - and I wouldn't go alone. The last time I went was pre-Katrina and I went with my big boyfriend at the time, who carries a gun (legally), so I felt completely safe! Hahahaha. No, in all seriousness, you just use discretion like any big event in any big city.

But I wouldn't go alone, nor would I walk around at night by myself. But I wouldn't do that in Dallas either.

(BTW, I have a close friend who is from Shreveport and has family who work in the film industry there. They might be a source of info once filming starts. I also know some people in New Orleans who might be good sources of news etc??? )
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:06 pm

I too have New Orleans connections. I was actually born there, though mostly raised other places. My dad was born and raised there and currently keeps a condo not too far from the Quarter for when he is in town. Most of my dad's side of the family, including my only living grandparent either live in the city or out in the parish. I've gone to Nola (hence my username on the forum, BTW) to visit on average once a year my whole life. I have a cousin who is a Butler fan like me. I better give her a heads up he may be in town soon. Maybe she can report some info to us.

Donna, I can't stress enough how strongly I think you should visit. There is no place like it anywhere. My dad always said it's like its own country. LOL. It is so different from the rest of the south. It's a fascinating place.

Whenever a movie is set in N.O., I'm always waiting to hear the accents. Hollywood usually gets their accent wrong. People from New Orleans DO NOT sound like Scarlett O'Hara!! Their accent has more in common with New York than a southern one. Try to imagine a semi-New York accent where they also say y'all, and you get a general idea of how they talk.

Anyway, like it's been suggested, Donna, if you go, just use the same judgement you would in any major city. You'll be fine. The major touristy stuff like the Quarter have long since been back to pre-Katrina glory. And don't forget to have a fried shrimp or crawfish poboy "dressed" (which usually means with lettuce, tomatoes, mayo)!

And if you were to go for Mardi Gras, let me know. I can try to hook you up with some tips.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:30 am

Totally agree with you on the New Orleans accent. I always thought it sounded a little like New York with a cajun flair. Totally different from Shreveport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler   Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: