The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!

Go down 
+8
pamelajane
sami_stardust
LegoJulie
Nay
luvthatgerryjuice
Sharabella
Dallas
DonnaKat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Another commercial. This one is a little different and has more narration by Gerry. I get why so many have commented on his accent, because in this commercial he speaks more and you can really hear him going back and forth from Scottish to American.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Ow, my poor ears!
Back to top Go down
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:06 pm

I sometimes don't get what the big deal is, well, I mean, yes, in the movies it would behoove him to be one way or the other.

And for that perhaps he needs a dialect coach.

But in reality isn't he like many imports: speaks with a vague remnant of his old accent; he's become acclimated to the American scene and sound, so naturally his Scottish suffers.

Yet as an actor he should be able to wear many hats, and use many accents. Many fine Scotsmen I've noticed can swap (believably) between many accents. (then again, nobody's ever told Sean Connery to stop using his native tongue...and he's had many a role in his time)

But the folks really rag Gerry about that ad. I like him in it, and I think he sounds fine--maybe I just like his voice. Lol.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Peege, I agree. I don't think anything about his voice in this ad sounds odd to me. He may not be a master of accents, and unfortunately his sexy native Scottish accent has become a bit of a Scottish/American hybrid, but I've never quite gotten all talk about his accent being terrible. He sounds normal here to me. I do miss his accent back when it was more obviously Scottish though. But he's an actor, and can't always play a Scot, so what can you do?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:31 pm

I think the problem people have with these ads are that he switches back and forth between American and Scottish. He's not being consistent. He needs to pick one accent and stick to it the entire ad.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Maybe he should do the entire ad in Irish. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Time for me to play Devil's Advocate.

Actually, it sounded OK to me. I understood every word, which may have been harder with his old heavy Scottish accent. That might have been the idea? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 am

This be what I hear, mostly.

"You never know what the day may" - Sc
"bring." - Am
"Get involved." - Sc
"Don't let yourself look tired." - Am
"New HYDRA ENERGETIC ANTI-FATIGUE MOISTURISER." - Sc
"You got it?" - Sc
"Charges the skin with moisture" - Sc
"and helps fight the 5 signs of fatigue" - Sc
"It works for up to 24 hours." - Am
"So whatever your day throws at you, your skin can keep up." - Sc
"New HYDRA ENERGETIC ANTI-FATIGUE" - Sc
"from L'Oreal Men" - Am
"Expert." - Sc
"Look sharp" - Sc
"not tired" - Am + Sc
"Nuff said." - Am
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Julie, Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 646968

Bella, that's an excellent point. As much as I loved his old Scottish accent, I do remember having trouble understanding everything he said sometimes.
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 am

I guess I'm the only one I know who doesnt have a problem with his current accent...but then again I didnt have a problem with his old more pronounced one either. He definitely doesnt sound American to me! Most actors are trained to lessen their accents to perform...unless you're Fran Drescher (THE NANNY). But then again being a Queens girl was part of her character.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:31 pm

I don't have a problem with Gerry's speech. It doesn't matter to me if it's Scottish, American, or a combination. If he's playing an American and sounds Scottish, however - that's when I have to make a comment or two. I do know when he was here locally in St Louis, MO filming for "Playing the Field" and was supposed to be playing an American. As much as I liked the movie, I couldn't help but think to myself "he doesn't sound like any local St Louisan I know". I heard some fans tell me "he sounds local"...I was like "were you BORN in St Louis like I was?" No he doesn't! LOL

ETA: I meant "The Miracle Match", not Playing the Field. Leaving error in post though because it's funny. geek

Last edited by DonnaKat on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Donna, I'm assuming you meant to write The Game Of Their Lives/The Miracle Match, and not Playing the Field, right? All these soccer movies get confusing, don't they?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:01 am

Haha, yes! GOTL, not Playing the Field.

Sheesh. Next thing you know, I'll be getting The Ugly Truth, The Bounty Hunter and Playing the Field mixed up....for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:16 am

Gosh! You mean those were three SEPERATE movies?
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:33 am

DonnaKat wrote:
I don't have a problem with Gerry's speech. It doesn't matter to me if it's Scottish, American, or a combination. If he's playing an American and sounds Scottish, however - that's when I have to make a comment or two. I do know when he was here locally in St Louis, MO filming for "Playing the Field" and was supposed to be playing an American. As much as I liked the movie, I couldn't help but think to myself "he doesn't sound like any local St Louisan I know". I heard some fans tell me "he sounds local"...I was like "were you BORN in St Louis like I was?" No he doesn't! LOL

ETA: I meant "The Miracle Match", not Playing the Field. Leaving error in post though because it's funny. geek

I know what you're saying DK. I guess Gerry is so charming in each of his roles that no one seems to really care whether or not he holds a required accent, including his directors. It sorta reminds me on what happenned on the show Dallas. Everyone started out with a Texas accent. By the end of the run the only one to retain it was Larry Hagman. But the show was such a hit, nobody seemed to care.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 pm

I've never seen Dallas the TV show.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:28 am

Couple of different still shots here (?):

http://www.bellasugar.com.au/Check-Out-Behind--Scenes-Shots-Gerard-Butlers-First-Lal-Paris-Men-Expert-Hydra-Energetic-Shoot-15146163?page=0,0,2#2
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Two pics from the German campaign. One is new:

http://zfashionblog.com/2011/03/24/gerard-butler-for-loreal-ad-campaign/
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:00 pm

breathtaking. i gotta admit. thanks dallas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:47 pm

Those are nice, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 am

New print ad:

https://2img.net/h/oi56.tinypic.com/2njwyzr.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3