The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 12809
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:48 pm

He did. That was a typo.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:49 pm

New L'Oreal Commercial for New Years:

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Oooh, Mr McDreamy.....too bad Gerry couldn't have been making out with Jane Fonda. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Sad that they didn't want a scottish voice saying "You're worth it" at the end.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:06 am

Maybe they had him saying it and it came out hamstery muddled American.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Great video, except for the last part "She's a lucky girl, she gets to kiss me." Um....okay, Gerry. hahaha.

Last edited by Dallas on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Funny article:

http://www.marksimpson.com/blog/2011/01/03/loreal-targets-my-middle-aged-male-anxiety/

MetrosexyL’Oreal Targets (My) Middle-Aged Male Anxiety

The huge French cosmetic company L’Oreal have been making a beardy push for the middle aged male consumer still holding out not very convincingly against metrosexuality this Christmas. Or perhaps his wife. The above ad for their Men Expert Hydra Energetic moisturiser, so hysterically butch it seems to have been directed by Guy Ritchie, features a furry Gerard Butler (40) reassuring us that there’s absolutely nothing poofy or passive about moisturiser — with much the same success he had in convincing us there was nothing gay about 300.

On one level the ad suggests that moisturiser is something that men need in direct proportion their… manliness. That being a chap and playing rugby and boxing and gambling and jumping over cars on a motorbike are just inconceivable without a really good moisturiser. But this is just the candy-coating. In fact, the central message of this ad is the same as a female cosmetic ad: that Men Expert Hydra Energetic will make you look and feel younger. Especially now that you’re getting too long in the tooth for most of the things Gerard is doing in the ad. As the strapline at the bottom of the screen tells you:

‘For skin that looks dull, feels dry, rough, tight & less firm.’

In other words: old.

But because this is a product marketed to men, anxiety about middle-age is cast as an action-packed adventure. So L’Oreal exhorts you to:

‘Fight five signs of fatigue’.

In other words: ageing.

More generally, it’s always amusing to see moisturiser being sold by bearded men. After all, beards and moisturiser don’t really mix well — and one inexpensive way to look less ‘rough’ would be to shave the beard off. But instead we are supposed to tend our immaculate manly beards and the skin underneath them. Being a guy these days is sometimes twice as complicated as being a gal.

In the ad below a bristly Eric Cantona (44) promotes L’Oreal’s ’48 hour’ deodorant with a slightly lighter touch — and a play on his reputation as a hothead during his time at Manchester United (when the young David Beckham was observing and absorbing the Cantona cult close up). That said, ’48 hour’ deodorant is an odd concept, and not one I would instantly associate with L’Oreal — or Eric Cantona. After all, it does rather suggest you’re not showering or washing every day….

But again, it seems they’re giving middle-aged men (the ones old enough to remember Eric) permission to buy premium male cosmetics by pretending that the product has a specialy utility and vitality — it lasts twice as long as other deodorants, so it’s worth twice the money. It’s even got an extra large ball.

Let’s face it. Stamina isn’t what it used to be for us over 40s. Even Eric Ooh-La-La Cantona. Who here has his big virile bunch of flowers cruelly emasculated into a single stubby head. One rejected scornfully even by an elderly woman.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Quote :
...features a furry Gerard Butler (40) reassuring us that there’s absolutely nothing poofy or passive about moisturiser — with much the same success he had in convincing us there was nothing gay about 300.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Quote :
She's a lucky girl, she gets to kiss me.

Butler truly is a legend ... in his own mind.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:36 pm

I'm guessing we'll be seeing more commercials in the near future, as not all the scenes are in the few we've seen.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:41 pm

I saw that 'Making of ...' on You Tube but I wasn't going to directly quote it 'cause of who uploaded it ie. the dimwit.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:48 pm

ohhhhh
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Which dimwit would that be? Laughing
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:50 pm

I've got to say, cheesy comment aside, he's looking really good in that video. Amazing, actually. Makes my mind wander..........
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 pm

GB sounds more Scottish in the behind the scene shots than in the commercial shots. He doesn't chew his words when he speaks naturally.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 am

The story made JJ. Nothing really that hasn't already been covered in this thread, but I thought I'd add the link.

Gerard Butler: Behind the Scenes of L'Oreal Ad!

Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Gerard Butler’s L’Oreal ad!

The 41-year-old Scottish stud filmed the commercial for the brand’s hydra-energetic anti-fatigue moisterizer back in October in Brooklyn, New York.

“I think he’s like the ultimate dude you want to be. He’s an action star. He’s fun. He’s good with women, plays poker, does all those things. Very much lives life to the fullest,” Gerard says about playing Mr. L’Oreal.

Gerard can be seen kissing his leading lady, singing, boxing, and playing rugby with some pals.

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/01/04/gerard-butler-behind-the-scenes-loreal-ad/#ixzz1A3lp7Ktt
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:43 pm

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-gerard-butler-is-a-manly-man-who-cares-about-his-skin/

Gerard Butler Is A Manly Man Who Cares About His Skin

Actor Gerard Butler recently shot a commercial for L’Oreal skin care for men, and we now present to you the behind-the-scenes video. Watch as Butler, an actor, plays an actor. See Butler talk about how hot his female costar in the commercial is. Behold Butler saying various arrogant things and discussing how he is looking at himself in the mirror. It’s a masterwork! He’s always struck me as someone who needs a good scrubbing. Like that accent, though
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 pm

From the Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04/beyonce-jane-fonda-patrick-dempsey_n_804203.html

Beyonce, Jane Fonda, Patrick Dempsey & More Star In Inadvertently Funny L'Oreal Ad (VIDEO)

From Jezebel comes L'Oreal's inadvertently funny happy new year video starring all of the brand's spokespeople. In the clip, the likes of Beyonce, Freida Pinto, Gerard Butler, Patrick Dempsey (really, McDreamy?), Diane Kruger and Jane Fonda remind the viewer that he or she is definitely "worth it." Just how many people does it take to shill cosmetics? The world may never know.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:56 pm

NY Mag:

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/01/video_behind_the_scenes_of_ger.html

Video: Behind the Scenes of Gerard Butler’s Manly L’Oreal Shoot
1/4/11 at 1:00 PM

You might think that if the Bounty Hunter didn't put Gerard Butler in touch with his feminine side, his endorsement deal with L'Oreal will. But not according to Butler, who says endorsing the beauty product giant's skin-care products will actually make him manlier. "He's like the ultimate dude you want to be," Butler says in behind-the-scenes footage from the commercial shoot, in which he describes his character as a womanizing, poker-playing action star. "He's a dude. He's a man's man," he continues. Who's the one unsure of the manliness here? Us or him? See the manly way to sell skin creams in the video.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:57 pm

http://www.styleite.com/media/loreal-new-years-video/

WATCH: Happy New Year From L’Oreal And Every Celebrity Ever
by Julia Rubin | 3:12 pm, January 4th, 2011

L’Oreal wants you to have a happy new year. We assume Beyoncé, Diane Kruger, Milla Jovovich, Patrick Dempsey, Jane Fonda, Freida Pinto, Rachel Weisz, Claudia Schiffer, Evangeline Lilly, Gerard Butler and Laeticia Casta do as well, since they all appear in the cosmetic giant’s absurdly star-studded video.

In fact, not only do they wish you success in the year ahead, they will speak to you in French to prove it! While some of the accents are pretty convincing (bonjour, Rachel Weisz), some of the celebs seem dubbed (seriously, check out McDreamy). And as a bonus, we also present to you a rather involved behind-the-scenes peek at the making of Gerard Butler’s own L’Oreal ad.

L’Oreal: because you’re worth incredibly elaborate videos.

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Dallas wrote:
"He's like the ultimate dude you want to be," Butler says in behind-the-scenes footage from the commercial shoot, in which he describes his character as a womanizing, poker-playing action star. "He's a dude. He's a man's man," he continues.

Hmmm, now we know what kind of man Gman really is, no?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 am

A man's man like Rock Hudson?
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:53 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:
Dallas wrote:
"He's like the ultimate dude you want to be," Butler says in behind-the-scenes footage from the commercial shoot, in which he describes his character as a womanizing, poker-playing action star. "He's a dude. He's a man's man," he continues.

Hmmm, now we know what kind of man Gman really is, no?
Or wants to be.
Or wants to have. Laughing

I'm joking, peoples.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm still laughing at Julie's post!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:17 am

13 Pics from the Behind the Scenes shoot:

http://www.mod-tv.com/galleries/gerard-butler-l%E2%80%99oreal-paris-backstage/12023/

There is also a link to the video of the Behind The Scenes Video. It's the original, without the Italian (or whatever it was) subtitles. It is a much better quality -- very clear. If you watched the video before and like it, watch it again at this link. Much better, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Today at 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down

Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next