The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 pm

http://www.accidentalsexiness.com/2010/11/26/check-gerard-butler-ad-loreal/

For all of you just getting home from grabbing some awesome deals on Black Friday and even for those that stayed home and grabbed some deals online from the comfort of their own homes (like me), this is for you! What better way to settle in than with a new ad from our favorite Scot, Gerard Butler!

It was announced this summer that the forty one year old star of 300 and P.S. I Love You will be the new face for beauty brand L’Oreal Men’s Expert Hydra Energetic line. Of the collaboration he said:

“It is an exciting opportunity to work with L’Oreal Paris. The quality and innovation of the products of L’Oreal has always attracted me.”

Here is an early version of the ad that will air next week. Big love to our reader Michelle for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
http://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13001
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:56 am

"Don't let yourself look tired!"

"Look sharp, not tired. Enough sad."

I just can't get over those words coming out of his mouth.

Pairing Gerard Butler with Anti-fatigue moisturiser seems like a parody or spoof to me. The commercial is nice, but it just doesn't seem convincing to me considering this particular product. I hope there are other commercials and other products that might fit better.
And I know he is representing the Hydra Energetic line (and thus a lot of skin care), but the Anti-Fatigue moisturiser - really? They are going to throw that one out first???? Do they know nothing about this man?

(I also was wanting to see more of the rugby clip....)
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:41 am

I know...I myself have been baffled about this L'Oreal thing since the news first came out. Maybe they couldn't book Johnny Depp? He is definitely an example of a man who ages well.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:51 am

Well? He doesn't seem to age at all. Anyway, he would probably insist on doing the makeup commercials too. Very Happy

The commercial itself looks good, and GB looks good in it, but the whole thing just seems strange and forced. Of all the companies he could be representing----L'Oreal ?
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Sharabella wrote:
Well? He doesn't seem to age at all. Anyway, he would probably insist on doing the makeup commercials too. Very Happy

The commercial itself looks good, and GB looks good in it, but the whole thing just seems strange and forced. Of all the companies he could be representing----L'Oreal ?

I guess it's hard to look genuine promoting product you've never used before but actors do it all of the time. But hey, it's extra dough. He looks good to me anyhow. I'm totally envying the actress/model who gets to kiss him!
Back to top Go down
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:57 pm

I agree that he looks good - clean and age appropriate.

But there is an amusing irony in associating this type of product with someone who looks exhausted and unshaven half his life. Would maintaining a certain standard of 'appearance' be part of the contract? I also expect that one of his interviews sooner or later will include some product name dropping.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Maybe they will make him shave.

I guess they wanted a rough-edged, macho type to say "Real men use beauty products", to make it more appealing to the average male.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

The keywords are "energetic" and "anti-fatigue". GB is known for working all day and partying all night. He is the Energizer Bunny. In the commercial he looks alert, awake, energetic, intense, and rugged. No bags, sags, droops, or puffs on his face. The product seems to work on GB.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:59 am

he does seem to be an energizer bunny, and i'm still trying to figure out how he does it. i was like that in my 20s, and even into my 30s, but not now!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:36 am

L'Oreal has now posted the commercial on Youtube. It's a better copy and can be expanded.

Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 am

This might have been his L'Oreal audition. Hahahhahahahahaha!

Thanks to someone with perverse humour at Just Jared.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 pm

That is so funny, Nay! Yes, I am
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:02 pm

That was good for a laugh.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:55 pm

http://www.accidentalsexiness.com/2010/12/08/gerard-butler-loreal-ad-hits-net/

New Gerard Butler L’Oreal ad hits the net
Comment Written by Rosy on December 8, 2010 – 3:10 pm

While I have no idea what is being said during parts of the video, you can’t help but watch our boy Gerard Butler in the latest L’Oreal ad to hit the net. The first one was posted on November 26th, 2010 and showed Gerry in various looks, all hella sexy of course!

This new ad shows the star of The Bounty Hunter and Law Abiding Citizen promoting the new L’Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Aftershave. The question I have after seeing this is why some other dude was hired to do the topless scene in front of the mirror?

Wouldn’t you love to see shaving without his shirt on?

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Cool, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:30 pm

That looks really good, doesn't it? Slick, manly, all grey/blue tones.

BUT it doesn't quite explain why he doesn't shaaaaaaaaaaaaave!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:30 pm

omigosh, they have his picture on the product...lol
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Alice, I didn't even see that! I hope he's getting a buttload of money for use of his cleanshaven, tanned, coiffeured image.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Someone's got to be selling that stuff on Ebay. How many wives are going to want their man to smell like him, when he's got L'oreal on?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Another one is here:

http://www.horizont.net/kreation/tv/pages/protected/Men-Expert-Hydra-Energy-Augen-Roll-On_369930.html?refresh=1

Here it is on youtube: (I am cracking up at him applying it under his eye. It seems so unnatural for him. hahahaha. And under his eye looks so photoshopped to me.)

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:50 am

Wow...that's....um...yeah...no words.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:56 am

Yup, definitely edited. His lower lid has a fold and it's gone.
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:52 pm

I love this one! Havent seen him clean shaven in a while!
Back to top Go down
lpbh25
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Dallas wrote:
"Don't let yourself look tired!"

"Look sharp, not tired. Enough sad."

I think he's saying 'enough said'.

Last edited by DonnaKat on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed broken tag.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!   Today at 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Check out the new Gerard Butler ad for L’Oreal!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next