The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Never loved dance more than now!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Never loved dance more than now! Empty
PostSubject: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 am

This was too long to put in the random thread. I worked with my new partner on this rumba. I was very skeptical when he picked this song. For one thing, it's long. But we are going to fade it out at 4:30 or so and since it's a pretty informal class they are not strict on time.

So for the past day or two I have been working on this. We met for about an hour or so tonight to go over what I had drafted and to do a few steps and he just blew my mind!

Once my partner gave me his vision of this dance, it was easy. We are dancing a story. We are two people who are a bit lost and need someone and we slowly come together in this dance. I was having difficulty figuring out where to add spot turns because the song is so full of heat and I couldn't imagine turning away from him. But since we are just getting to know each other in the beginning of the song, they worked out perfectly.

We are slowly building intimacy in the dance and damn if this guy is not guide at telling a story with his eyes and body. He should be an actor. Our peak is at the lyrics: "So you wanted to dance so I asked you to dance but the fear was in your soul. Some people call it a one night stand but we can call it paradise." That section of the dance is the least technical, a bit more acrobatic for me, but the most passionate.

I was also struggling with how to end it. If you listen at around 4:30 it kinds of fades a bit. At that point, he is going to swoop me up and carry me off the floor--his idea too.

We still have a lot of rough spots but we have until Nov. 13 to get it perfect.

I haven't really danced the rumba but a few times and it was just for demonstrations or for a boring class. Most people who come to me just want to learn how not to embarrass themselves on the dance floor and aren't worried about the artistry of dance.

I am a very passionate person and I do like the sexiness of this dance. And my partner is nice looking and has some moves. But I will say up front that while he is sexy, I like a sexy man with a lot of goofiness and silly on the side and he doesn't have much of a sense of humor so I don't see a relationship. Humor is a must have for me and the sicker the better.

This class and this great partner have reminded me how beautiful dance is and how much it tells a story with movement and music. I really needed this way of expressing myself at this point in my life.

Okay, I am sorry this was so long but I am way too excited.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Very nice story.

Some people don't get how exciting it is to dance. When I watch Dancing with the stars, it amazes me that the 'stars' find that dance is EMOTIONAL. Of course, I'm like, 'DUH!'

It's always good to either have a good dance partner, or a partner who wants to dance.

I'm with you, humor is practically the number 1 thing most attractive and sexy about someone I may have an interest in. Who wants to go around in life without fun and laughter?

I've already promised myself, when I start working, I'm going to take ballroom lessons. There's a school in our city, in the downtown area. We should be so lucky. Arther Murray school.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:48 pm

i'm always amazed that people don't understand the emotion of dance, too, but i always figured i just "got" it because i used to dance and have it in my soul. many folks don't get emotionally attached to or moved by music either. i guess it's just different strokes??

humor is number one in my book, too.......hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

speaking of dance....check this out:

http://www.nzwide.com/swanlake.htm

i'm quite limber and flexible but i have a LONG way to go, methinks.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:28 pm

That was beautiful but you are right--that's one limber girl. I am with you, I am not sure if I will ever be that limber!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:07 pm

i'm pretty limber and used to be much more so (sucks getting old!) but sheesh! she doesn't have any bones, does she? i thought it was lovely, tho.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Flexibility is something I have always had to work on constantly. I start a fitness boot camp on Monday and when asked by the "drill sergeant" what I thought my three biggest weaknesses were flexibility, time management and cupcakes were my choices.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:02 pm

flexibility definitely doesn't come easy and has to be worked on for sure!! you can do it!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:47 pm

It's interesting to me how all of you noticed the limberness of the dancer, er acrobat, when I'm looking at the poor guy's stamina.

I was physically limber up until I twisted my knee in 05, but I was never "ballet" limber.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:04 pm

It was lovely, but I think I found her extreme flexibility a bit disturbing. Her legs bothered me. Bending forward like that, they looked -----broken.

I can't believe how strong the man must be. He held her weight (on point, no less ) in the palm of one extended hand Shocked
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:52 pm

i did notice his strength, but i guess i paid more attention to her since i can relate to the flexibility and not the strength.

i'm working on being ballet limber again!
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:53 am

Still loving the new dance classes but my partner is a real stick in the mud. I am big practical joker. He has no sense of humor at all it seems.

But he is a great dancer so I am dealing with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never loved dance more than now!   Never loved dance more than now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Never loved dance more than now!
Page 1 of 1