The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?

Go down 
+4
greyeyegoddess
sami_stardust
kayanne
DonnaKat
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Empty
PostSubject: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:05 pm

Someone posted this on JJ in the comments section but didn't provide a link to the blog. Has anyone else seen this??

Quote :
Interesting, but lengthy blog

Gerard Butler has attracted a legion of female fans, just look at the hundreds (maybe thousands internationally) of web sites dedicated to him. With creative names such as Weirdly Obsessive, Gerry Butler’s GALS and the Butler’s Pantry, the women seem nice enough. While there are many different kinds of people on the sites, many of them seem to be middle-age women who are lonely and looking for their place in the world. Only a very few of these women seem to have healthy lives dedicated to family and friends. Many are never married women who fawn over other movie stars. Others are married but who ‘cheat’ with Butler. However, they seem to have found friends and a common bond in Butler. Granted on some of the boards the women seem intelligent but you have to question the emotional fortitude of women who would rather discuss a man and his movies online rather than with a group of friends they can see in real life.
Whatever works, I guess.

Even as Hollywood and even Butler himself has shown that in real life he not the dreamboat of any normal woman’s fantasy, they continue to spend their days posting on the boards and comment on his every move. TMZ has ragged Butler for alleged womanizing ways while others have dismissed the caddish image as an attempt by Butler’s PR machine to cover up his alleged homosexuality. The man himself has done nothing to help either image. He admitted to threesomes in an MTV interview last year and has been photographed kissing a random woman at least twice. As for the allegations of homosexuality, he has never had a steady relationship with a woman that he has acknowledged, and he always seems to be with guys who his fans give such interesting names as “Fry Guy” and “Apple Bob.” I think most people don’t care about his sexuality but if he were to actually be gay, he could lose the fawning females that have paid big bucks to see his movies over and over again. Where would he be then?

Butler, or his PR machine, have brilliantly kept his fans fawning over him on the message boards. Even as they question his actions, they still spend hours talking about whether or not his hat is hot or not and if they can see the outline of his manhood in the pants. They have conventions and impromptu chats which are not public. One can only imagine what they talk about off the public message boards.

Butler’s last few movies have not had the power of 300 and his male fan base and does not equal the fawning females. His action movie ‘Gamer’ was a bomb last year. While ‘Law Abiding Citizen’ did better, it did not redeem Butler as an actor who can draw both men and women. It was his female fan base that flocked to the premieres and spent hours discussing the flawed look at the legal system on the message boards.

His next feature seems to be more geared toward men but could be in trouble. ‘Machine Gun Preacher’ is the story of Sam Childers, a U.S. based preacher who saves children in Sudan using a gun and brute strength. But this weekend in USA Today, the Sudan People’s Liberation Army issued a statement disowning Childers. The tersely worded letter casts doubt over Childers’ work and his story. If he is proven to be a fraud, will people want to see a movie about him?

Butler has no new projects lined up and seems to be more interested in making personal appearances at local bars and clubs. Over the weekend he made an appearance at Michigan State and even though officials would not confirm the amount, he was reportedly paid $100,000 for his appearance. There he played up his role in ‘300’ and people still seemed impressed even though the movie came out three years ago. Will Butler soon be known only as that actor from ‘300?’

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/10/16/gerard-butler-michigan-midnight-madness/comment-page-10/#comments#ixzz12dUz8eGj
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Haha, gotta love the comments on JustJared in response to the blog.

Quote :
As for the fan sites, I actually thought about joining one but I have a job, fiancee and real like like most people here seem to have. One of the sites claims to be more for the “sane” but the other day a couple of the posters lamented about being single in some random postings. I got the feeling they were living their loves lives through the Butler fantasy and that didn’t appeal to me.

Quote :
What about that pantry one? I read some posts on there and there is maybe one that seems to have a life to me. They claim to be more ‘real’ about the Great Butler but they all seem to be just as crazy about them as the rest.

All I have to say is .... POT, MEET KETTLE. And now I KNOW for a fact that these so-called "sane" JJ'ers with "real lives" VISIT HERE FREQUENTLY as well as frequent JJ and IMDB and all of the other sites they talk about...which, by the way probably amounts to a LOT more time than anyone spends here....

Let's give them all a wave Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? 166223

*shaking my damn head at the hypocrisy*
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:34 pm

DK, I have been the target of anonymous online posters who attack. I just ignore it all. Addressing it gives them what they want--attention. My advise is to just ignore this.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:59 pm

what is the difference in posting here and haunting the JJ site? as you said....pot, meet kettle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:00 pm

First of all, I don't do JJ or other trash websites unless you all tell me there's something worthwhile. I think people who spend time on JJ are more pathetic than I am.

When I had a glorious life-work, travel, working with teens, etc, I still spent an equal amount of time on different boards because I enjoyed it. I was having a nice social life off the boards, too. What they miss is that because women meet friends on the boards, they have a greater desire to meet off the boards. And we did...a lot! The economy hasn't helped, or I'd be over at DK's, yapping up a storm. Or other places we could meet.

It was a long blog saying, get a life.

I think right now, in this economy, people aren't as upbeat as we used to be a couple of years ago. So others really shouldn't be shoving that in our faces.

I don't see anything wrong with showing up and talking to friends here. I don't think that person gets it either.

Whatever, and I mean that both literally, and figuratively.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Actually, my social life is more active now than it has been in a while. As greyeyegoddess said, the economy has been the biggest pinch. When I was out of work for 8 months, yes I did get very down but what some others didn't seem to "get" was that it had little or nothing to do with Gerry Butler. I went through hell with members of some other websites on top of losing my job, losing contact with a lot of my social network, financial problems, family and personal issues, etc. I have come out of it a lot more level headed, stronger and significantly wiser...and a LOT poorer financially. Laughing

I love the job I have now, I have personal friends who I hang out with on a regular basis. I date and hang out when I please, and sometimes I go out alone or stay home alone because I choose to. Yet I still find time to visit here, because it's a hobby. I'm here as much if not more for all of you than I am for Gerry. I'm not going to abandon everyone and everything I was involved in before just because I'm getting some things in my personal life straightened out. I might not be able to devote the same amount of time and/or attention, but I still find it fun.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:17 pm

I just flat out hate people who make assumptions about me and my friends.

I'm so glad that the one person is getting married, has a job, etc, etc.

I'd like him/her to trade places with me and watch my father who has alzheimers during the day, and then when you get home, take care of my 80 year old roommate, while looking for work.

See who has a 'real' life.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:22 pm

i'm in a similar position to you, alice. i often wonder what others would do if they were in my shoes.

i know it's annoying, but we shouldn't let that poster get any of us down. there are some people who always have to drag others down to feel good about themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Tell me, what's more pathetic-- Posting in a forum or two with my friends (some of them of many years) about a mutual interest or twelve, or lurking from one site to another in hopes of finding someone or something to make yourself feel superior.

I'm one of those poor, old, never married women but at least I'm not burned up with envy the way this blogger seems to be. Poor thing, I guess no female has ever fawned over him---or ever will.

OK, fess up, Who's the "one" person here that dares to have a life? paranoid
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:54 pm

I think you are worrying way too much about an anonymous post on the Internet. Who cares what someone else thinks? I make my own rules and live my life on my own terms.

Since we are sharing, you know I don't have female friends in real life. I have tons of friends but they are all male. I am not particularly close to my female relatives even though I love them and help them anyway that I can. I have made more efforts recently but it doesn't work. I no longer lament over it because I have a great life. It just hurts because women can be mean in subtle and not so subtle ways.

When I saw "P.S. I Love You" I had just found a lump in my breast and I had just recently lost several people in my life. Gerry touched me with his performance. The only female relatives I felt like I could confide in where having major drama of their own and I didn't feel right bothering them so it was up to my buddies to hold me up and get me through it. My BFF even went back with me for the mammogram because I was even nervous about that. I was the only woman who had three dudes in the waiting room that day. It turned out to be a benign cyst but it scared me.

I love my buddies but they really can't understand what I went through. I would have given anything to have had a woman to help me through it. I found this place right in the middle of my scare but I didn't feel comfortable enough talking about it at the time. I am way past that tough time now but if that poster is reading, maybe he or she will see what a board like this can do. This is the only time I have interaction with women that is not at work or with relatives.

That's my story.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Wouldn't it be great to live close enough together to be able to support each other during the good and bad times, but we don't, so we do the best we can. That's the real reason a forum stays around, not for the actor but for the friendship. May we always be able to find each other, even if it's just online.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:22 pm

I'm not worried for a tiny minute about what an imperfect, anonymous (and unquoted) blogger writes and nor should anyone here be.

We all have lives, busy and active, that more than balance out any time we spend here.

Quite frankly, why does anyone have to justify that?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Well I'm from Missouri, and our state motto is "Show Me". So if this is an actual blog from an actual blogger and not just some super catty and jealous person with no life and nothing better to do than stir the pot, I want to see a link to the blog. Until then, I have to assume it's just some troll trying to stir up trouble.

Gerry's world is one strange and weird world. And I'm not even talking about Gerry himself, or his "peeps". Never before have I seen the amount of fan stalking that takes place when it comes to Gerard Butler, and not in relation to Gerry but rather to anyone who has any association with him whatsoever.

Sheesh....who needs to get a life?
Back to top Go down
andrea
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:37 pm

well I am in more forums then one it takes a lot of time but I really enjoy them and its nice to meet and talk to other people all over the world, and I think everyone should decide what hes doing with his private life, I work I bike I go out sometimes I have friends, and I enjoy the silence in front of my lappy due my work in the pub, I have my cheaky mouth open for nearly ten hours a day anyway, so who cares what other people say about us or other fans !!! I dont thats for sure!!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:30 pm

y'all all bring up the wonderful points of all the friends i have made because of the internet and forums and yahoo groups! the way life is these days, it seems more folks meet each other this way as much as any other way. one of my best friends lives in romania...and yeah...i met her on gerry forum!!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:04 pm

I know you all wonderful people mean well,

but it's a huge pet peeve to be told 'get a life' by someone who doesn't even know me. And that's what usually happens; it's said by someone who doesn't EVEN know, but just clumps people together because of their own prejudices.

And I'm kind of the person that feels if someone has a right to say something, I have the right to respond. Some people think that is the wrong way to handle things, but it's through talking, communicating, and more, that we learn about each others' differences.

K, I feel for you. As a journalist it must be hard, and you probably realize that you aren't the only one who gets hit by people who have opinions, in your line of work.

I know that people read my blog but don't have the decency to confront me with their disagreements, but instead go to their friends, who of course support whatever they say, and say stuff about me. What's even sadder is that my blog is open, but theirs isn't anymore.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Alice, I hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way. I totally respect your right to respond. I just don't what that a$$hole to think any of us care, that's all. That's what he or she wants.

I just have this need to protect people. I am not invincible but I have been dealing with stuff like this for a long time. It doesn't hurt me anymore. I have this need to stop things from hurting, or in this case, bothering other people.

This person was either a small-minded person like everyone has said, bored out of their minds or wanting to play a joke on GB's fans. I have found a lot of my detractors over time were really people who were just bored and are really harmless people. I actually made a close friend out of someone who started out attacking me a few years ago professionally. Turns out he was a great person. He read something the wrong way, had a lot of time on his hands that particular day and just, as we say at my house, "went off " without thinking. I addressed his concerns calmly and professionally and he responded to that.

My BFF keeps telling me I need to marry a politician or someone who needs a supportive wife who will protect them. It's just my nature, I guess. I don't mean to tell you or anyone how to react. Please forgive me if you took it that way.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 pm

i've found in my experience that people who write stuff like that WANT responses. they WANT people to comment so that they can come back with even more negative and demeaning comments and that is usually when things blow up and get really ugly. that's why (for the most part) i personally choose to ignore them and not feed the fire. on the other hand, i appreciate those who take a stand.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:29 pm

You know, it's easy to put up with the criticism others bring when you have something to compensate for it. Let me explain. Those who run the "motherships" as they are called put up with a lot of stuff, that I'm sure. But in return, they get compensated dearly. They get direct contact with his people, support from the thousands that belong to their websites, etc. But it takes a special dedication to continue to do what you do when you get little to nothing in return.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about anyone here. I know all of you appreciate the hard work that goes into running a forum such as this. But to be the target of criticism (justified or no) on other sites ... especially when it's a small site such as this, and we are a small site ... it's very, very hard to just sit there and take it over and over again and not get your cockles up once in a while.

I have been accused of so many things by other fans and fansites. I have been accused of not being a real fan because of some of the things that I say ... as if I'm supposed to chuck my opinion in at the door and gush over everything Gerry says and does at the expense of my own moral compass.... I have been slandered on other sites, bullied personally by members of other sites, banned by one mothership for supposed offenses they can't even elaborate on... spied on and hounded on my personal websites that have nothing whatsoever to do with Gerry.....

On one site, I'm not a supporter and in so many words have been questioned as to why I'd run a site when I'm not a real "fan". Yet on another site, I'm accused of being overzealous and a "stalker" because I happen to be in LA when Gerry has a premiere...nevermind I was already there for a charity event, and chose to attend....it seems that with some people, it's damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

In short, yes sometimes I want to vent about it. It doesn't mean I'm not going to laugh it off and it doesn't mean I'm going to lose sleep over it. I know a lot of the haters out there have their own issues and it's those personal issues they have with themselves that cause them to lash out at others. As forum owner here, I might not have the "perks" the motherships have, but one perk I do have is that this is a forum I can express myself without having to worry about being banned and/or silenced...at least not as long as the forum host allows it. Wink
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Quote :
i've found in my experience that people who write stuff like that WANT responses. they WANT people to comment so that they can come back with even more negative and demeaning comments and that is usually when things blow up and get really ugly.

That has been my experience, too. That's why I ignore it. I know when people are dissing me in a veiled fashion or ignoring me. I just pretend not to notice. It's their problem anyway, not mine.

It is beginning to seem to me that online life is meaner than real life. Since this is my first time at this online stuff, it makes me wonder if I want to continue.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 pm

i feel for ya, DK. i've been a fan longer than most people i know and my yahoo site was started BEFORE the GALS site...and any other site other than gb.net for that matter. yet? i've been and am STILL accused of not being a "real" fan. and being a yahoo group.....we got even less respect than a site like this does...so yeah. i know the feeling. i'm sure i've been trashed on other sites, too. i couldn't tell ya for sure, tho, because i don't bother to read them. LOL! i totally understand getting upset about it. but i don't see that saying anything does much good. it only tends to fuel thier fire. people who accuse others of not being "real fans" because they don't consider gerry diety aren't really rational after all. you can't really argue with insanity.

i've shed lots of tears and spent lots of time upset about this subject in the past, but no more. life is too short to let fans of a man i don't even know drag me down. i have enough REAL problems. putting my group on permanent hold is probably the best thing i've done for myself in, well, 6 years!! Very Happy

just remember.........we love ya. those that don't....don't matter.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:38 am

Pssst ... I heard a rumour that Gerald Butters was the author of that blog. Don't tell anyone. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:49 am

Sorry, haven't read the entire thread, but it appears that this "blog" was first posted on IMDB and has been deleted.
Sounds like a prank.

BTW, I'm with K - I don't even respond to that kind of stuff....unless it's funny. And the part about his PR machine trying to cover up his homosexuality with his womanizing image was funny. And something that people have speculated about along with everything else....

I found the blog funny and trying to yank people's chains - even his fans and fansites. It's the same ole same old....
Whatever. It's all good.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:37 am

K-no I wasn't offended by what anyone said here at all.

What's even funnier to me is that hardly anyone wrote about Gman himself in response to all this.

I used to be the kind of person who wouldn't say anything, but then I felt like people won't learn anything if I didn't say what was on my mind. I know that you can't always change people's minds, but why accept that they are of small minds, if they don't know?

I just spent an evening reading someone's angry post about religion. I wasn't offended, yet I learned a lot from that person and how they felt, even though I didn't agree with everything.

I'm not going over there to JJ to respond. I'm not going to follow anyone over there.

But I'm done.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 am

Quote :
trying to yank people's chains - even his fans and fansites.

That's what I thought. That's why I refused to have my chain yanked!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?   Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Butler's Pantry mentioned in a blog?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next