The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mean Web Sites

Go down 
+2
DonnaKat
luvthatgerryjuice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Mean Web Sites Empty
PostSubject: Mean Web Sites   Mean Web Sites Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:30 am

I've decided to stay clear of certain sites which I won't mention outright. Some of the people on it are just mean! They make fun of Gerry, trash the women he dates, over speculate about his personal life,etc. It's natural to want to know what your favorite actor is doing like we do,but some people go overboard. we're supposed to be FANS afterall.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Mean Web Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mean Web Sites   Mean Web Sites Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how something can get so analyzed and over-analyzed to the point that it becomes ridiculous. I have read some things that start out as someone's speculation and before you know it, it becomes fact and part of "Gerry lore", when it has no basis whatsoever with fact.

It reminds me of that old game we played in grade school, where they would line all of the kids up in a line, then the teacher would whisper something in one kid's ear and he/she would whisper it down the line, etc. At the end of the line the teacher would ask what that kid heard, and then the teacher would say what she originally whispered. We'd all get a good laugh because what the last kid said had NOTHING TO DO WHATSOEVER with the original message.

This is what happens with gossip and on a lot of gossip sites.

That being said, I do get cheeky on here. I can't help it. If Gerry has a stain on his shirt or says or does something immature, I'm probably going to make a comment about it or poke fun. The difference is, on some sites you're not allowed to do that without people accusing you of hating. I like to tease and yes sometimes I get aggravated by the stuff he does, but I don't do it with a mean spirit. Usually it's pretty tongue in cheek.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Mean Web Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mean Web Sites   Mean Web Sites Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:00 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Usually it's pretty tongue in cheek.
Ya think maybe that's why GB looks like a chipmunk?
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Mean Web Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mean Web Sites   Mean Web Sites Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:54 pm

I think we're lightweights compared to some. But as you said DK, I can see how gossip so easily can start. The whole thing does remind me of that game-"telephone" is what we called it in my class. I really don't like it when these sites trash Gerry's girlfriends/dates, alleged and otherwise and I hope whoever he chooses to date is smart enough not to take the comments seriously and keep a thick skin!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

Mean Web Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mean Web Sites   Mean Web Sites Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:42 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
DonnaKat wrote:
Usually it's pretty tongue in cheek.
Ya think maybe that's why GB looks like a chipmunk?
lol! Mean Web Sites 415251

I think we are in between...er in the middle. We're not the 'drag in the dirt' kind of website, but then we aren't the 'stick up yer bum' either.

We are the balance of ying and yang...chocolate and peanut butter...Sonny and Cher, er...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Mean Web Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mean Web Sites   Mean Web Sites Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:55 am

Sugar and spice? Naughty and nice? Mean Web Sites 646968

Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

Mean Web Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mean Web Sites   Mean Web Sites Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:48 am

Up and down?

Salt and pepper?

Over and under?

Dead and gone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mean Web Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mean Web Sites   Mean Web Sites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mean Web Sites
Page 1 of 1