The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September 11

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

September 11 Empty
PostSubject: September 11   September 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:05 pm

I always cry on September 11.

Maybe it's because I was so busy on September 11 2011 the I didn't cry that day. After about 20 hours on the air, I was too tired to cry. I don't think I cried hard until a few months later, when I began to learn more about the victims of that day.

People from 70 countries and from every walk of life died that day. And nine years later, the world continues to mourn their deaths and the death of our innocence.

Last edited by kayanne on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

September 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 11   September 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:20 pm

I was in college on 9/11/01. Didn't have classes that morning so I was at home watching TV, channel surfing with breakfast. After a few minutes all I saw on every channel was a huge billow of gray ashes and one of the World Trade Center towers wasn't there. I called my husband to come look and he said it has to be there obscured by the gray stuff. Then the other tower got hit.

First time in my life I was stunned watching TV.

RIP, those who died then. Peace to us all.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

September 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 11   September 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:27 pm

I was at work, when a co-worker came in to inform me what happened. I was like "what?" I was so stunned, then I turned on the radio and was in shock.

I remember driving home and thinking how quiet everything was. No planes in the air, no honking, everyone was kind of in a daze.

Nine years later, and I'm watching the coverage on the History channel and it still feels like it happened yesterday. I can only imagine how it would have felt to actually live and/or be in NYC that day.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

September 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 11   September 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:42 pm

I watched it as it was happening on the Today show. Ten minutes later, I walked into work and broke the news to my co-workers. I don't think they believed me at first. I wish I had been mistaken.

I grieve, not only for the lives that were lost that day, but for all the world wide pain, hate and suffering caused by that brutal and stupid act of terror.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

September 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 11   September 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:07 pm

I was getting ready for work. I was working p/t as a caregiver and p/t at Target. We had another roommate, who was from the east coast. She got a call about the news and we watched it. I called work to see if I had to go in, and they said yes. I left my place not knowing that the buildings had come down, so I was a bit oblivious to the whole situation that day, until I came home.

For some reason I don't remember working much outside my caregiving job for about 3 weeks, because I remember being glued to the TV, flipping from one news channel to another. Then I got tired of it all, and turned my TV off.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

September 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 11   September 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:03 pm

I've been to New York twice since 9/11....once to Long Island, and once to NYC...and neither time have I been able to visit the site of the towers. I'm thinking if work, money, etc. allows, I might make a trek to the site next year for the 10 year anniversary.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

September 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 11   September 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm

I went to NYC for the first time in Oct 2002. It was lovely. I do need to go back.

Although I didn't have time to go to the actual site, we went nearby. I actually didn't see much anyways, so I need to get back...preferably when Gman is busy filming elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

September 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 11   September 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 11
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: The Pantry Fanzone and Playroom :: Holiday Section :: Miscellaneous Holiday Stuff-
Jump to: