The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Break Out The Prison Stripes!

Go down 
+6
Leo
Oggy
Dallas
Nay
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:46 am

The latest through the grapevine states that "The Goree Girls" is supposed to be a musical. Only time will tell if this is true....

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_movies_blog/2008/11/jennifer-anisto.html
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:49 am

Well, fans wanted to hear Gerry sing again...or in a musical again.

If I keep wishing for him to visit me, think he will?
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 am

You could always try to get a job in a women's prison. Wink
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:12 am

I don't think that would be the same...you know?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:46 am

DonnaKat wrote:
You could always try to get a job in a women's prison. Wink

Yeah, but Alice? Take your own soap. Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 646968
Back to top Go down
Joyful

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 7:04 am

A prison musical...? A guy in a Women's prison musical...Is he going to dress in drag? I think it is doomed...It has to be if Jen is involved.

Last edited by DonnaKat on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This user has been deactivated.)
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Nay wrote:
Yeah, but Alice? Take your own soap. Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 646968

Laughing Laughing I should be worried if I was in a male prison, but then...eh...

*shiver* bad movie images from Hunger right now.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Joyful wrote:
A prison musical...? A guy in a Women's prison musical...Is he going to dress in drag? I think it is doomed...It has to be if Jen is involved.

The things we do for our favorites.

I have to sit through a movie with Jen to see Gerry. I have to sit through another movie with Brad to watch Michael.

I suffer. Mad
Back to top Go down
Joyful

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:53 pm

I'm not sure I'll put myself through that!

Last edited by DonnaKat on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This user has been deactivated.)
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 pm

It can't be that bad...when has Gerry let his fans down on his choice of movie roles? I think we're reading more into this than we know.
Back to top Go down
Joyful

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:18 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:
It can't be that bad...when has Gerry let his fans down on his choice of movie roles? I think we're reading more into this than we know.

We haven't seen "The Ugly Truth" yet?

Last edited by DonnaKat on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This user has been deactivated.)
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:37 pm

From the trailers, do you think it might be bad?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 am

I'm not sure how accurate this site is, but I found this kind of interesting with regards to "The Goree Girls":

Goree Girls
Release Date: TBA
Category: Musical/Comedy
MPAA rating: TBA
Release pattern: Likely wide
Studio: DreamWorks
Principal players: Jennifer Aniston, Gerard Butler
Director:
Buzz:

Box office Comparisons:
Friends with Money - $13,368,437, opening weekend - $3,179,025 (wide, 991 theaters, $3,207 average)
Rumor Has It - $43,000,262, opening weekend - $3,473,155 (2,815 theaters, $1,233 average)
Derailed - $36,024,076, opening weekend - $12,211,986 (2,443 theaters, $4,998 average)

IPOed at $20.00 on 12/03/08:

Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler star in the period musical The Goree Girls. Based on a true story, the film is about eight female prison inmates in Texas who formed an all girl band during the 1940s. As one of the first female country-western act, they ended up winning the hearts of millions. Although wildly successful, the women shunned fame for fear of prejudice for serving hard time.

Priced at $20.00 on 12/03/08, Roger More writes:

Anistion has been developing this project since mid-2007 and now dubious sources indicate the movie is coming together. I’m not really sure that Aniston playing a singing prison inmate is the stuff that justifies a $20 IPO price.

Link to blog here:
http://www.projectgenome.net/?p=6995
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Still looking for a director...
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
dreamer

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:38 pm

affraid I almost got suspended on another site for saying I think Jen and Gerry would make a cute couple on or off screen. Hmmm, hope I'm not getting myself in trouble my first day. Anyhoo, I would like to see this movie, I like both these people.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:06 pm

LOL! That's because you made a suggestion of Gerry with a woman that wasn't them. Wink

Personally, I like Jen....with or without Gerry.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:51 pm

Hello Dreamer. My, you look younger than your age! Shocked

I'm not a JenAn fan outside Friends and don't think they look right together. But no-one will shoot you here for stating your opinion.

I may be in the group that hopes and prays this movie never gets off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Speak for yourself, Nay. I will shoot you for your opinion. Dreamer, on the other hand, is safe.

I will also shoot Gerry in the foot if he butchers the Texan accent in this movie. I have forgiven his accent trespasses in the past, but can not let him go unpunished if he messes with Texas.
I will , however, buy him a black knight t-shirt that says "it's only a flesh wound" for him to wear while his foot recovers. I'm not totally heartless or without humor....

Don't mess with Texas, Gerry.
Back to top Go down
kimmy67
Random Babbler
kimmy67

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:57 am

dreamer wrote:
affraid I almost got suspended on another site for saying I think Jen and Gerry would make a cute couple on or off screen. Hmmm, hope I'm not getting myself in trouble my first day. Anyhoo, I would like to see this movie, I like both these people.

Blah Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 98198
I can't stand Jennifer Aniston!!! I think she is such a crybaby over Brad and Angelina...no I don't think Jen and Gerry would make a good couple because of that...she can stay with John Mayers...I think Gerry needs a woman who has a strong constitution... Perving Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 161203
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/felinefancy
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:33 pm

Kimmy-I'm not a fan of JA, never have been. Of course, I never was into Friends either and I'm still trying to figure out why some people call her "America's Sweetheart".(when I'M America's Sweetheart! Very Happy )

Maybe, she's picking Gerry because she's thinking she'll finally get a hit!

Gee, I'm crabby, today. Please don't shoot me in the foot!

PJ
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:00 am

Foot shooting is reserved for those who mangle the Texas accent. Crabbiness is fine. I'm used to Nay......
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:25 am

**sigh** The persecution continues ...

Just don't expect me to bail you out of jail when you ninja kick him for 'butchering' a texan accent. No
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:38 am

You forget, I have a get out of jail free card Nay.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:38 am

Oh dear Lord, 'Trigger' must be stopped! Suspect
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Nay wrote:
Oh dear Lord, 'Trigger' must be stopped! Suspect

I thought Roy Rogers had him stuffed. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break Out The Prison Stripes!   Break Out The Prison Stripes! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Break Out The Prison Stripes!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next