The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Music to Share

Go down 
+6
Geranimal
LegoJulie
greyeyegoddess
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
kayanne
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Music to Share - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Sigh.

OK, I admit that I'm older than dirt, and like most little old ladies, sometimes I think the old days were better. (and I walked to school--bare footed---in the snow--up hill----both ways) But you gotta admit, they had VOICES.

Last edited by Nay on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it a link for Sharabella.)
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:05 pm

You're not older than dirt, Sharabella. I too enjoy Neil Diamond and that performance was as though they were alone in a room together - such chemistry.

I saw Chris Isaak in concert years ago and he signed my ticket stub, dropping sweat on it, lifting his head and smiling at me while saying 'It's a bit messy' (his handwriting). Sadly last year, when my wallet was stolen, the ticket stub was inside.

Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 am

I'm sorry about your ticket stub, Nay. That's so disappointing!

Gosh, I love this song. It's so freakin' sexy.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:45 pm

For some unknown reason I have this song running through my head.

Last edited by Nay on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made the link for you, J.)
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Gosh, that reminds me of all those Muppets movies I watched as a kid, like The Muppets Take Manhattan. Was that the one where Kermit went to the Dark Side, so to speak, for a bit? I seem to remember him not being himself for a while and being mean to Miss Piggy. I can't remember why, like maybe he bumped his head or something?

And I also remember the Muppet Babies cartoons I used to watch on Saturday mornings. Ah, the 80s!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:14 am

I'm watching Queen: Live at Wembley Stadium on VH1 Classic. I remember when VH1 came on and played the milder pop and videos than MTV did, back when MTV actually played music.

Wow, the piano they have on stage is a Steinway.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Some friends and I were speaking about this earlier in the week.......when MTV (Music TV) actually played....GASP....music!!!

That Queen show is fab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:29 pm

This all reminds me of a joke I once heard:

"Do you know how to tell when you're officially old?.....When you're watching MTV and like all the music, and then you realize you're watching VH1." Laughing

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with that myself. I've enjoyed watching VH1 from time to time. I just thought that was funny. Of course now, that joke doesn't make as much sense because, like y'all pointed out, MTV/VH1 cut back on the music videos.

Apparantly artists still make them because you see clips from them on other stations for some news story from time to time. I heard they still show videos, but only late at night/early morning.

Which sucks because I miss music videos. Now all they have is reality show crap. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:35 am

All the music videos, legal and illegal copies, are now on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Look, Sha Na Na! Look at the way they're dressed. Those are the very, very macho masculine styles back a few decades ago. They're considered gay clothes now. My, how things evolve.

Still love their music.

Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:02 am

That's pretty funny, Julie. It really is interesting how times change. I don't think a straight man could pull off those gold outfits today either. What year (or year range) is this from?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:06 am

I watched Sha Na Na, the group's TV show, in late 70's, early 80's. They dress in 1950's rock/rebel fashion.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Haunting song with absolutely stunning animation.

Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 am

Wow! What an amazing video. What's the name of the band? The music has an Irish sound maybe.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:02 am

You liked it, Emily?

They're an Irish punk band called Flogging Molly. Most of them hail from the LA area but I believe the lead singer is a Dubliner.

http://www.floggingmolly.com/

Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:35 am

Yeah, it was intriguing. Thanks, Nay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music to Share   Music to Share - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music to Share
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4