The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soupy Butler??

Go down 
+2
DonnaKat
Geranimal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Geranimal
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey, is it just me or does Gerry look like Soupy Sales?

I just got off of SS twitter and that man was freaking hilarious! So sad he passed away last October!

Ger
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:47 pm

That same thing was brought up on IMDB a while ago, so you're not alone. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Geranimal

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:23 pm

You know, I can't take credit for that "revelation", even though I didn't see it on IMDB yet, and I'm amazed! My sis is the one that told me about their likeness a couple of months ago and when I googled a Soupy youtube, I just about snorted my coffee!

I was going to post the info on another fansite but would probably have been met with pitch forks and shovels so I thought twice about it.

I'll have to go check it out on IMBD. Thanks, DK.

Ger
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:17 am

Soupy was a great comedian. I thought GB was hilarious reading Craig Ferguson's book. Wouldn't be bad for GB to do some comedies, but not more romantic comedies.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:03 am

would love to see g doing something truly comedic outside of the rom coms myself! i think he could pull it off!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Geranimal

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:15 am

Soupy was a great comedian and way ahead of his time. I think Craig Ferguson bases a lot of his comedy from Soupy as regards the puppets and props like the robot, etc. I love the puppets.

Maybe someone should do a movie based on the life story of Soupy and let Gerry play it.

Ger
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Boringly Sane
Samantha

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:03 pm

I met Soupy in 1977 when I was 7 months pregnant. It was at a Hollywood Comedy House. HBO was filming a comedy special and my man was the on-stage Cameraman. We actually lived in Las Vegas, but drove to Hollywood for the filming.

I was a huge SS fan growing up, so I was really laughing during the show. There's a story about what happened that night, but to make it short, Soupy grabbed my hand and got me up on stage. We did a whole skit together. I was so nervous, but tried not to show it. Anyway, the producer loved it. I was so glad when it was over. Whew! affraid

Soupy was so sweet. When I was growing up, we'd watch his show whenever it was on. We laughed 'till we cried. Ever so often, he said outrageous things that weren't allowed, and he'd get knocked off the air, but then somehow he would get put back on TV. We always laughed about that when it happened. He was hilarious and will be remembered fondly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.LifeAfterPhantom.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Personally I don't see it.

But I do seem to think that we try to 'fit' our favorite people together. To some, to my shock, Gman reminds them of Brendan Fraser. There's a long list down the line of people who think so and so reminds them of Gman.

Maybe pictures capture a tiny moment that reminds us of other favorite people...husbands, boyfriends, other favorite actors.

There was one guy, a pianist, who kind of looked like Gman, who even sat on his bench like Gman would sit, who reminded me of Gman..

And some guy on the last episode of "Hot in Cleveland". I was waiting to hear him speak in a muddled Scottish accent. Never happened.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

Soupy Butler?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soupy Butler??   Soupy Butler?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soupy Butler??
Page 1 of 1