The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 3)

Go down 
+11
Geranimal
andrea
DonnaKat
sami_stardust
pamelajane
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
kayanne
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
Nay
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Speaking of all those Butler or Gerard signs everyone's been seeing, I see them too. I see the name Butler everywhere. Hell, I even spent a year of my college education at Butler County Community College! Plus, when I was briefly living in New Orleans not long ago, I passed through Leonidas Street. I was like, really??!! It just seems like a sign everytime I see his name or the name of one of the characters he's played.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Obviously I am back! Laughing

Random:

My friends' wedding was simply lovely and only involved close family and friends. I know everyone says they prefer a simple, small wedding but this was it personified. Celebrant at their home in backyard with marquises, soft lights, white linen, good grog.

When I arrived on Friday night, dinner was pizza and Moet & Chandon champers. Hahahaa! That set the tone. Saturday morning was atwirl of appointments and deadlines ... flowers, make-up, hair, caterers, table settings, wedding cake etc. The bride (who made her own stunning lace-over-satin dress) was early and sent a message downstairs to the groom that she hoped he had started to get dressed - he hadn't! He was too busy talking to people.

Bride teared up during ceremony and groom had quaver in his voice. I was their chauffeur to the riverside for late afternoon photos and selflessly threw a bottle of cold bubbly and crystal flutes in the back of the Toyota for them. I didn't indulge too much at all. Gabfest with some old friends and some juicy gossip about former work colleague. Lots of laughs with a hilariously tipsy nun. She has a dog called Mr Darcy - isn't that cute? We Catholics know how to have fun, don't we? All over redrover by 10.30pm when extremely loud dj finished his last set of truly awful songs. Bride and groom have vastly different tastes to moi.

Home yesterday after breakfast (and quick trip to huge liquor barn). When I drove into my yard, I tooted three times. My pup, who had been staying with my neighbours, didn't even greet me at their door. He was snoozing on one of the lie-lows on the back deck. Fickle male didn't even raise a cheer when he saw me! Just stretched and yawned and gave a little wag! After sharing photos, cup of tea, wedding cake and stories about pup's behaviour over weekend, we walked home.

It was good to be back in my own bed, even if someone small and furry snored close by. Sleep
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:12 pm

>>dinner was pizza and Moet & Chandon champers.

that sounds absolutely perfect!!

glad you had fun, nay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Glad you had a great time, Nay.

Sounds like you were quite busy with the group, too.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks Sami and Alice. I did have a good time but I was still glad to be back to my quiet little home.

Random:

Does anyone have a good recipe for fried rice? I don't have a wok although I could buy one.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Still in the middle of changing my career focus and it's draining! The only thing that isn't changing is that I still teach ballroom. Everything else is going to be different and I will explain when I have more time. I am so stressed I had a cigarette yesterday and I had not had one in about two years.

Did see The Ugly Truth this weekend and I am watching Dear Frankie with the bad boy ex (he's still an ex for now) tonight after the Braves game, of course! Baseball before Gerard! I am just as bad about college football and the NFL, btw.

My ex and the guy I date known to my friends as EH (employed homeowner) gave me some Gerard Butler movies for my birthday--TUT, Gamer, LAC, DF, PSILY and POTO. Will talk more about the movies as I watch them.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Oh, DonnaKat, congrats to your Cardinals who are doing well and kicked my Braves' behinds recently. Wish I could say my Braves were doing as well! I hope you beat the Phillies tonight!
Back to top Go down
andrea
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Mhhh I am just glad that I am off for 4 days now still doin my cleanin jobs besides that. Have been watchin myself some DVDs the last few days, lookin forward too order "the gamer" and some other new stuff we get now from GB here. Not ble to go out on my bike this week looks like it will be a rainy week this week. Was rainin all dy today so I mostly stayed on my couch and kisssed and huged my cosy pillow.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Nay,
I always go to cooks.com for recipes. Here's their fried rice recipe. Don't know if its good or not.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1742,135181-240195,00.html

Andrea--what's the weather like in Austria? I hope to visit that area of the world one day.

I keep saying I am busy and I am still on this site. What a hypocrite I am!
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:50 pm

kayanne wrote:
Nay,

Andrea--what's the weather like in Austria? I hope to visit that area of the world one day.

At the moment very rainy and cloudy but it was already totally beautiful and hot should be like that after mothersday again ...hopfully because I wanna jump on my bike....and have a nice RIDE....lol Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:17 am

I fry my rice in non-stick pans that have some rim, about 2-3cm, just to keep the contents from spilling out.

My simplest fried rice is cooked rice, add eggs, fish sauce to taste, and stir until eggs cook. If I feel studious I slice up small disks of hot dogs, or dice some ham. Sometimes I put in enough oil to coat the pan, sometimes I forget, but doesn't really matter in a non-stick pan.

Throw in some raisins (saltanas, sorry) or small pieces of pineapple for some sweet bites, or cashews for crunch. Sometimes I put in ketchup (too lazy to look for tomato paste) for a tomato-y fried rice.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:24 am

Andrea, I didn't know you were from Austria. What part?
If you would prefer not to say, I totally understand. Or you can PM me if you don't mind saying, but would rather not post it on a public board.
I love Austria.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:59 am

Kayanne - good luck with career.

Andrea - wet weather is good for something other than growing.

Julie - thanks for the tip about cashews and fish sauce but bleh to the sultanas!

Dallas - Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Blowraspberry
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:07 am

@ ´Dallas

I am from the south of Austria Carinthia, I am about one hour away from Italy, Croatia...Slovenia....my town is called Klagenfurt. Small but cute city very moarchy styeled old town.

"wet weather is good for something other than growing"

what should grow in the rainy weather haaa???..... Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 69678 ... Perving ...hehe...
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:47 am

Aaah, well mould grows in the wet, Andrea. I don't think you want that. Laughing What I meant was that a wet day is good for relaxing not just feeding plants.

Random:

I really really realllly want to know what Dallas thinks about GB's chest/moobs now. Wink
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:53 am

@ Nay....I am glad I havent got a garden lol.....of course I have my feet up on the couch...and my cat cuddles me and I stroke her as much as I can...lol I love you
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:25 am

Nay--How did the fried rice turn out? And kudos on gardening. I can't grow anything!

Andrea--very cool. I am in Tennessee and it's hot here!

Didn't get to watch Dear Frankie last night--sad about my Braves losing again! But I am going to post about TUT, which I watched over the weekend.

Dull day for me just waiting on answers in my career change!
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Have something for me e-mail some e-mail account I tried sometning out and here it did come up how do the know that is totally cute...

those pic came up on its own lol..... Embarassed
Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Screen_2010-05-05185257
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:46 am

I haven't heard of PhotoMail maker, Andrea.

Kayanne, I haven't made the flied lice yet and the french garden is still a pipedream at the moment.

Random:

Good luck to all Brits on choosing your new government.
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:25 am

Well thats called Incredimail and helps you with your mails.....good luck yeah with choosin the new goverment...we had last sunday or was two weeks ago on a sunday...a vote for a new minister president and 50 percent of us didnt go voting because ...looks like we are p..off with our goverment..lol
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:29 pm

I had an LOL just now. I have the forum configured that if you're not logged in it shows ads (otherwise I have to pay to have them removed), and when I came on here I wasn't logged in. Anyway....one of the ads said "Ask a Goat Vet Online Now". No doubt because of that stupid "sponsor a goat herd in Gerry's name" charity thingy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:22 pm

LOL DK!

The ex is watching 300 on cable while I surf the net. Do those men in hoods creep anyone else out as much as they creep me out?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:23 pm

They were ugly...there's wasn't much prettiness outside the Spartans.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:54 pm

Betty White is the best! I hope you are watching SNL. It's the first time it's been funny in a while!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:55 pm

It doesn't come on here for another two hours. I'm on the west coast, but I will be watching.

Right now, I'm going through the AMC's Superman two-fer...sigh, Christopher Reeve.

Last edited by greyeyegoddess on Sun May 09, 2010 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:58 pm

You will not be disappointed. I just spit Coke all over the ex laughing so I wouldn't spit it on my laptop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 3)
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next