The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another influential person has left my life

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Another influential person has left my life Empty
PostSubject: Another influential person has left my life   Another influential person has left my life Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:31 pm

One of my professors from college passed away just a few hours ago. I have been so busy I didn't realize he was terminally ill. This is the 7th death for me in less than a year.

He was a major player in the arts in his community (I don't live there anymore). He is the star of one of my more infamous stories. I have always been a saucy wild child and I remember when we were at a formal dinner before an event. He was constantly giving me stern looks and was making me nervous. Well I didn't say F##K or dance on the table (kind of a hobby of mine) and by the time the entree was served I was feeling much better. Much to his chagrin I blurted out how nervous I had been and how relaxed I was at the time. I started being my wild eyed self and no one cared! The guy sitting next to me, who I didn't know, then told me he was so nervous that he was drinking out of the wrong water glass--mine. That started a chain of everyone loosing up. I was just "me" but with the appropriate filters.

Years later when I was working in the corporate world I invited my professor to speak to some stuffed shirts I had to deal with. He told that story.

I am working at home alone on a speech for a client and I really don't feel like picking up the phone and calling anyone so thanks for letting me vent here. I think I will put in "P.S. I Love You" while I work.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Another influential person has left my life   Another influential person has left my life Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:48 pm

sorry for your loss, kayanne!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Another influential person has left my life   Another influential person has left my life Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:55 pm

My thoughts are with you and the family of your professor.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Another influential person has left my life   Another influential person has left my life Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:48 am

Condolences, kayanne.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Another influential person has left my life   Another influential person has left my life Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm sorry for the loss of your professor, Kayanne. Wow, seven people in less than a year! That has to be rough. *HUGS*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another influential person has left my life   Another influential person has left my life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another influential person has left my life
Page 1 of 1