The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel   Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 pm

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/popcornbiz/Gerard-Butler-Not-Holding-His-Breath-for-Phantom-Sequel-88831277.html

Gerard Butler may have starred in the successful movie version of "Phantom of the Opera" in 2004, but don't expect him to rock the scary mask again anytime soon, even though the sequel is already staged.

Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom" sequel "Love Never Dies" opened to wildly mixed reviews in London earlier in March. But Butler isn't exactly waiting for the phone call for his return to the movie role.

"I doubt very much they'll be asking me to do the sequel," Butler said at the press launch of his latest movie, "How to Train Your Dragon."

"Besides I'm sure they are a long time away from making the movie."

The self-deprecating Scotsman didn't explain why he wouldn't get the call back. But he added he just happened to have been in London "by coincidence" so he stopped in to check out what all the fuss was about for the wildly anticipated play. "It was great fun to watch," Butler said. "It was very cool, very interesting production."

On other sequel news, Butler says he's not expecting a sequel to Guy Ritchie's "RocknRolla" anytime soon either, even though the end of the movie cried out for a new chapter.

"I think after the success of 'Sherlock Holmes' Guy is going to be very busy making two or eight more of those," said Butler. "It's a shame. I loved 'RocknRolla.' "
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel   Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:12 am

And I loved RnR too!

It'll be a shame if Ritchie doesn't get to continue the tale.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel   Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 am

It was one of the best movies I saw that year. But everyone's probably really busy in other things. And I really enjoyed Sherlock.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel   Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm

You know, I just watched RocknRolla the other day and I was reminded of how clever and funny it is. I think it was a great role for Mr. B., one of my more favorite roles he's played. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel   Gerard Butler Not Holding His Breath for "Phantom" Sequel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1