The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com   Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Video at link:

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/03/19/gerard-butler-the-bounty-hunter/

Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com

Gerard Butler wants all of you to know that the reason he signed on to do "The Bounty Hunter" was not because it starred a hot lady (Jennifer Aniston) or because it had a love story, it's because he really wanted to go on an adventure. "At that point, I didn't have an interest in doing a straight up rom com," he recalled of being cast. "I wanted to make a movie that I would go and see. It's really a guy's movie as well."

A guys movie, really? Please enlighten us. "There's romance in it, but it's definitely first and foremost an action comedy," he explained to Hollywood Crush. "That's what was so appealing about it. It felt like it was a throwback to a lot of those great 80s comedies — 'Midnight Run,' 'Lethal Weapon,' 'Beverly Hills Cop' — where there's a great mixture of all of those things."

Action aside, Gerry is willing to admit that he does have a knack for playing opposite strong-willed, independent female characters like Jennifer's Nicole in "Bounty" (see also: "P.S. I Love You" and "The Ugly Truth" ), but he insists it's because "I'm pretty tough myself."

Still, he explained to us that at the end of the day, those movies have "a sweetness about them — they're charming and charismatic. My character goes a long way to winning the hearts of those ladies," he said before flashing us with a sly smile. "Just like in life!"
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com   Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:26 pm

First question that has to be answered:

Is it a comedy (at all)? Laughing
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com   Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:24 am

it probably has its moments, most of them in the trailers.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com   Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:53 am

Dal, did you realise you called him 'Buter'?

Was that on purpose? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com   Gerard Buter Says 'Bounty Hunter' Is 'First And Foremost An Action Comedy,' Not A Rom Com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1