The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Butler in Mexico?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Butler in Mexico?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:01 pm

This is via a link at JJ so I do not have the original.

Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 12821

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:31 pm

That looks like Andy Tennant in the red swimsuit?

Why is Gerry wearing those blue athletic pants? I wonder if he is even going to put on a swimsuit?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:41 pm

After the fiasco that happened last time, I doubt he even packed a swimsuit. Laughing

Well, I stand corrected...I guess he couldn't pass up a free trip, even if it means another slew of tabloid fodder for him.

Anyone other than me find it odd that the birthday girl is paying to fly her friends out for her own birthday? I thought people were supposed to do things for you for your birthday, not the other way around. It isn't like her friends can't afford it or anything. To me, that seems rather sad.
Back to top Go down
http://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:55 pm

I don't think it's wierd. She has hundreds of millions and wanted to plan a trip and invite her friends. She probably rented a bunch of villas and had her travel agent book tickets. I'd totally do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:05 pm

We really don't know if she is paying for them all. That's just speculation at this point.

Personally, if my friends wanted to pay for me to take an exotic trip, I would feel awkward. Different strokes and all that.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Sometimes, people with $$$ treat their friends even on their birthday. How many times have I seen people throwing their own parties.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 pm

I would feel more wierd asking people to spend their money because I wanted to go to Mexico and wanted them to come. I guess that was the point that I was trying to make - if I wanted to get out of town and celebrate, I would arrange it and ask friends to come. I'd make it easy. Most friends throw parties locally. So I would never expect someone to put together a trip for me. That is more something for a significant other, not friend to do.
I can totally see why she would plan a party and possibly pay for her guests.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:49 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
Sometimes, people with $$$ treat their friends even on their birthday. How many times have I seen people throwing their own parties.

Gerry threw his own 40th birthday party in London. He talked in an interview about it and how he didn't get a chance to try the food, even though he was paying for it all.

I assume he paid for the "family" birthday party that he shared with his niece too. And he threw himself a birthday party last year in LA too.

Come to think of it, he needs some friends to throw him a party for a change..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:31 am

Lots of people throw their own birthday parties and invite friends and family to come celebrate. We the parents organize and pay for our kids' birthday parties and invite their friends (and usually parents also). For milestone adult birthdays sometimes friends or family will organize the parties.

One of hubbly's cousin invited us to her wedding in Las Vegas. I suspect they wanted a small wedding but didn't want to miss out on all the gifts so had the wedding at their honeymoon location to deter attendance. I thought it was extremely tacky.

From the pictures, I don't see how anyone can say GB was hanging out with JA. They don't even look like they know the other exist. Besides, how can you they're GB or JA? Half a face with sunglasses here, hat and sunglasses there. And since when has being friends mean you're dating each other?
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:50 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:
True but the spotlight is still on me me me me. That is against my natural sense of order.

Dallas wrote:
I would feel more weird asking people to spend their money because I wanted to go to Mexico and wanted them to come. I guess that was the point that I was trying to make - if I wanted to get out of town and celebrate, I would arrange it and ask friends to come. I'd make it easy. Most friends throw parties locally. So I would never expect someone to put together a trip for me. That is more something for a significant other, not friend to do.
I can totally see why she would plan a party and possibly pay for her guests.
Dallas, one vital factor would be the affordability of said trip for my friends. If they can't afford it, I don't feel I could impose that on them or embarrass them by paying for it. Mind you with Aniston's friends, they could all afford it, couldn't they?

Dallas wrote:
greyeyegoddess wrote:

Gerry threw his own 40th birthday party in London. He talked in an interview about it and how he didn't get a chance to try the food, even though he was paying for it all.

I assume he paid for the "family" birthday party that he shared with his niece too. And he threw himself a birthday party last year in LA too.

Come to think of it, he needs some friends to throw him a party for a change..... Very Happy
See, that's a crass thing to point out in an interview - Why tell a third party that you paid for your friends and family for your own celebration?

How tacky is that!
Doesn't he trust his friends and family to organise something?
Didn't he like the 'Hannah Montana' theme suggested by his niece?

Come on man, get with the times. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 am

I guess I'm doing it all wrong. No wonder my birthdays always suck, I'm waiting for someone to do something for me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:01 pm

i guess i'm not the only one with sucky bdays. lol!! that makes me feel better. sorry DK!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:19 pm

http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/44536/2010/02/jen-aniston-gerard-butler-vacation-together

Some repeats.

Sorry but I have this sneaking feeling they are filming scenes in between holidaying. Just seems to be too many working looking people around. scratch
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Filming scenes for what? scratch

DListed:

http://www.dlisted.com/node/35971

Gerard Butler's Butthole Wishes Jennifer Aniston A Very Happy 41st Birthday!

To celebrate her 41st birfday, Jennifer Aniston flew to Los Cabos, Mexico with a bunch of her friends including her favorite shopping partner Gerry Butler, Sheryl Crow, Courtney Cox and David Arquette. You know, because if you're going to weep on the floor of a shower while punching at your womb, you might as well do it in sunny Mexico. NO! Aniston doesn't do that. Homegirl is probably happy that there's not an army of babies there to barf in her margarita (barfarita), do diarrhea in the hot tub or spit on her delicious nachos. Aniston
probably toasted to her barren womb! My crazy cat lady cousin made me type that, to be honest.

Here's more of Aniston, Gerry (who is begging for a Q-Tip), Sheryl, Courtney and Court's spine in Los Cabos yesterday. Yes, Court's spine makes my own spine feel inadequate. You seriously could muddle a lime on her spine to make a Mojito. My useless spine can't do that.
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:49 pm

I know it seems odd but I just have this feeling that the extra people around are not party/holiday people.

It could be an additional scene???
Back to top Go down
Phantom's LadyRose
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:43 pm

http://bauergriffinonline.com/2010/02/gerard-butler-joins-aniston-in.php?bfm_index=7&bfm_page=0

Is it just me or does anyone else think that there is more to this "friend" relationship than is being admitted to by Gerry (JA has never denied any of it)? This report insinuates that they are sharing a suite together at the hotel. Does anyone else feel as I do about this?

PLR
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:57 pm

That's what sells the photos and eventually the movie, Tense. I'm not reading much into it at all.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:15 pm

ditto...just like the new poster for Bounty is trying to sell something that it ain't.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:52 am

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/day_bliss_for_jen_gerard_Ce5GfaQRyDcJBWJgsFkSOL

Jennifer Aniston celebrated her 41st birthday with a romantic weekend at a luxurious Mexican resort with on-again flame Gerard Butler and some chaperones.

Sources said Aniston rented a $9,000-a- night, four-bedroom villa at the lush One & Only Palmilla resort in Cabo San Lucas and installed Butler in a one-bedroom casita a short stroll away.

Eyewitnesses said she and Butler looked "very friendly." One of them said, "Jen invited 50 of her close friends to celebrate her birthday, and Gerard Butler was one of them. She was staying at a villa that had a 12-strong staff including a personal chef and two butlers, a private infinity pool, a spa with Jacuzzi, its own terrace with fire pits, an outdoor rain shower and day beds.

"Gerard had his own one-bedroom villa with a private pool, but he joined Jen for all the celebrations, and they looked extremely friendly but not overly flirty in public.

"Jen's top request is always margaritas and guacamole," our source said. "On Saturday, the staff lit 65 candles for her on the terrace of her villa, where all her guests, including Gerard, dined and drank, before a Mariachi band sang 'Happy Birthday' to her in Spanish and she was presented with a dark chocolate cake decorated with her star sign, Aquarius. Despite all the eating and drinking, Jen took care of herself and did yoga every morning."

Aniston's other guests included her longtime friend Sheryl Crow, who was spotted working out with her one morning at the resort's gym, as well as Courteney Cox and actor Jason Bateman. The source added that instead of giving gifts, she asked her friends to donate to the charity Friends of El Faro, which helps children at the Casa Hogar Sion orphanage in Tijuana.

Reps for Aniston and Butler -- who were recently spotted canoodling backstage at the Golden Globes -- didn't get back to us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butler in Mexico?   Today at 8:03 am

Back to top Go down

Butler in Mexico?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1