The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry in Phoenix

Go down 
+3
Nay
pamelajane
jherriot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jherriot
Boringly Sane
jherriot

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 am

Found this on youtube (it was also posted on imdb)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSnmEKMjOBE

He turned down Sherlock Holmes????!!! confused I think his management works against him!
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 am

jherriot wrote:
I think his management works against him!

I have to agree on that too.

Thanks for sharing the video.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks J. A great find!

Interesting that someone recorded what is essentially a financial promo for The Film Department.

Timeline and Tomb Raider - couple of the worst movies ever made? Ouch.

Just shaking my head at the Sherlock Holmes comment. What price loyalty? He made that Bounty Hunter crap instead? Gerry in Phoenix 642267
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:34 pm

I thought the same thing. Again, maybe poor management? And here Robert Downey Jr. gets a GG for his performance. Might've been you, Gerry. disbelief

I say enough of the Rom Coms already. They don't seem to be working.

But what do I know? Please don't answer that!
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Gerry speaking in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Gerry passed on Sherlock Holmes? Good interview.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Note: I have merged the threads.

Does anyone know when this is from? It would have to be pretty recent. Given that he said he did that photoshoot for W in the desert, my guess is that maybe they did the Bounty photoshoot in Phoenix, which would mean this is probably from last month or so. He only recently had his hair cut that short.

Anyway, nice find!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Guy Ritchie missed the RnR Premiere because he had just started fillming Sherlock Holmes. Didn't Gerry start shooting LAC that next Jan. (after the Oct. premiere of RnR)? Maybe he passed on Sherlock Holmes because he was committed to LAC and in pre-production.

I assume that the role he was offered was Watson, as Susan Downey (Robert Downey Jr's wife) was a producer on Holmes and I assume RDJ was probably first choice for Holmes. But I could be wrong. After seeing Sherlock Holmes, I think RDJ was the best choice. I don't think Gerry could have brought the same strenths to the role, nor do I think he would have been convincing with his accent etc. He may have been good as Watson, but I think Jude Law did an excellent job. The chemistry between he and RDJ was awesome. Gerry may or may not have had that with RDJ.

BTW, I'm laughing at the applause at the begining of his intro.
Was there only one person in the room???
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:13 am

Nah, they zoomed out and showed the room. There were at least 20 people in there. That one obnoxious clapper must have been right in front of the camera mic.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:13 am

RDJ was excellent in the role. Maybe he was offered the bad guy?

I agree enough with the rom-coms, too. I never liked them for Gman. A heavy drama would work wonders.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:44 am

The Film Department Holdings Inc. went public early December 2009. That video looks like an endorsement to pull in investors. Didn't find any dates for the vid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gerry in Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry in Phoenix   Gerry in Phoenix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry in Phoenix
Page 1 of 1