The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video Empty
PostSubject: Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video   Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:24 pm

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/12/82290/index.htm

(Click link for a video interview)

'Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon'

Gerard Butler, America Ferrera and Craig Ferguson are just three of the stars lending their voices to the whimsical, animated 3D fantasy-adventure, 'How To Train Your Dragon,' in theaters March 26, and America says that the film is "about fulfilling your imagination's wildest dreams."

"Dragons and unicorns and Santa Claus and all these things that we want to believe in, getting to watch a movie like this is about fulfilling your imagination's wildest dreams," says the "Ugly Betty" star, who plays a teen Viking warrior ready to slay dragons.

The film follows the story of Hiccup (Jay Baruchel), a Viking teen who unwittingly befriends a dragon and must persuade his people to ally with the creatures, not kill them. Jonah Hill and Christopher Mintz-Plasse also star.

"The children of the movie, especially Hiccup, are the ones open to changing that perspective, and the adults are the ones that have a much more difficult time learning about something that they're afraid of," she explains.

"For kids, I would love it if they get out of this just a respect for things that they don't know; a tolerance for other things," says Gerard, "because we live in a world full of fear and anger. [The movie is] about fear and letting go and really trying to discover what is out there, and embracing the differences between people's cultures."

America adds that she enjoyed tapping into her sexy side for her role. "Astrid is super fun because she's … [an] extremely sexy character, the way she's introduced in this, like, slow-motion way with her hair blowing in the wind. [But] she doesn't rely on that … she wants to be the best dragon slayer that there ever was."

There are some pretty exciting aerial sequences in the movie when Hiccup is riding his dragon, and America says, "The flight sequences are so full of adrenaline and energy and adventure. It's such a beautiful world to look at."

Craig, who happens to be a pilot, agrees. "I watched it with a buddy of mine who's also a pilot and I said, 'That's why I fly planes.' And he said, 'Me too. That's why I fly planes.' Just because of that feeling you get just at the end of that ride on the dragon, it's fantastic."

The "Late Late Show" host jokes that even though he only had to report to the recording booth for the movie, "I'm very method. I would wear Viking clothing, which made it very difficult to record because all the breast plates and swords clink and it drives the microphones crazy. But hey, if you want me in your movie you've got to be prepared for unreasonable behavior."

Watch ET for more with the stars of 'How to Train Your Dragon'!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video   Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:58 pm

I love Craig...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video   Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:52 am

I love Craig's puppets. And Craig, to a lesser extent.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video   Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:22 pm

But to love the puppets is to love Craig, because he is the puppets...puppets=Craig. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video   Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 am

Whaddado!

I do love Craig. He's a wonderful comedian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video   Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stars Explain 'How To Train Your Dragon - video
Page 1 of 1