The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:13 pm

This cracks me up!

Gerard Butler playfully imitates the famous Michael Jackson moment — the singer dangling his newborn son Blanket — at a London hotel on Wednesday (November 18).

MJ, who later called the incident a “terrible mistake,” dangled his baby outside his cbalcony for fans wanting to see his new baby. This time, Gerry simply wrapped a potted plant with a towel and dangled it outside his window.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:48 pm

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm

what was that, a cactus? coconut?

And then the obvious question, a son?
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:49 pm

That plant looks like it has South Park Butters hair.
Back to top Go down
http://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:51 am

Has anyone read Just Jared today? The messy outbursts have left smears of blood, tears and spit all over that site.

I cannot believe that people are canonising Michael Jackson now that he is dead when his sanity was questioned when he was living and dangling. The posts vascillate between "Butler is bad/dumb/drunk", "Butler is hilarious" and "What's the big deal?"

Who knew that such a spontaneous little exploit would cause such wailing and gnashing? When did everyone become so serious? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 12999

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:57 am

E! Online mocks Butler.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b154402_Gerard_Butler_Thinks_He_s_Hilarious__Do_You_.html

Gerard Butler Thinks He's Hilarious; Do You?

Gerard Butler paid tribute to Michael Jackson yesterday by dangling a fake baby out the window of his London hotel room. Aw, remember when M.J. did that with a real baby in Berlin? Memories...
Anyway, Gerry's fake baby is actually a plant wrapped in a towel, and he looks a little too pleased with himself. You can just tell he's high-fiving himself in his head for coming up with such an epically funny stunt that's actually pretty lame. And that is what we find amusing.
Back to top Go down
jherriot
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:14 am

Well, he is looking a little pleased with himself but anyways, I think it's funny!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 12999

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:53 am

There's been a lot of negative comments on Twitter today. And it looks like Gerry's getting crucified over at TMZ. Some there are upset because they are MJ fans, but a lot seem to be just slamming Butler.

Personally, I'm not really offended. I just don't find it particularly funny. I guess I might, if I saw the circumstances surrounding it and why he did it.

I kind of agree with these comments from TMZ:

Timing is everything in comedy - Gerard Butler's about 7 years too late with this routine! And what's more, he literally picked THE worse year to showcase this joke! Yikes! lol

The joke is too lame for me to even be offended.

Umm Leonidas.....this isnt Sparta. Back away from window.

The plant photo was the same day as the London Press Junket. I wonder if this plant and towel thing was before the press conference.

During the press conference he says "you don't have to shoot your load too early" while answering a question. He obviously knew that he had just put his foot in his mouth with a crude reference and proceeded to say how "...this press conference has been a real career killer." He then mentions that his publicist was in the back probably saying "What happened to you Gerry? You were never a genius but you were never this bad." It made me wonder if he was also referencing the plant photo.

BTW, I have also never seen Gerry stumble and falter as much as he did in that press conference. He had trouble answering questions and even had to skip some. I have never seen him not try to answer a question. He looked really tired and seemed to have trouble putting together his thoughts. He did mention that he only slept about 3 hours and was tired. I think all the promoting, interviews, premieres and various parties (and partying) are starting to catch up with him.

(He is 40 now after all... )
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:09 am

I found the whole picture episode rather amusing myself. I laughed pretty hard and then laughed even harder at the comments people were posting......
Thanks Gerry for giving me a smile tonight at work..
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Dallas wrote:
Personally, I'm not really offended. I just don't find it particularly funny. I guess I might, if I saw the circumstances surrounding it and why he did it.

I kind of agree with these comments from TMZ:

Timing is everything in comedy - Gerard Butler's about 7 years too late with this routine! And what's more, he literally picked THE worse year to showcase this joke! Yikes! lol

The joke is too lame for me to even be offended.

Umm Leonidas.....this isnt Sparta. Back away from window.

I feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:25 pm

I thought it was hilarious, and I loved the look on his face! Such an adorable goofball! Maybe it was a little too soon after Jackson's death, but come on, it really is like they're trying to canonize Jackson or something. It was just a joke.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:28 pm

And personally, what I find way more offensive than this is the way people are making a TON of money and getting publicity off of
Jackson's death. The TV interviews of his dad and the "This Is It" theatrical release come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:37 am

Can you believe this actually made Australian radio? Rolling Eyes

You can't pay for this type of publicity.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm

I think next time he should wrap a Baby Ruth in some toilet paper and throw it over the balcony...but I'm warped that way. Laughing
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Heck, why not?
Back to top Go down
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:01 am

Nah DK.

It should be a boiled haggis wrapped in calico. That would frighten the offal out of anyone. affraid

BTW Has anyone seen this thread on Just Jared? It has blown out to over 700 posts. Mostly crap and mud-slinging but still .... 700+.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59 pm

people have way too much time on thier hands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:43 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how passionate people get about Gerry, whether it be positive or negative. There's nothing wrong with having disagreements over something, but some people (not here, but I've read it in other places) are getting so bent out of shape over this!

I think there's a real danger in caging a real person to fit one's fantasies of what or who they should be, and it's never wise to put an infallible human being on a pedestal. I went to another fansite where some (mods, mind you) were upset he wasn't "backing them as fans and as a fansite" like they thought he should. It's like no matter what the man does, it isn't enough. I have no problem with fans having conventions or charities in someone's honor, but you have to admit it is a bit 'eccentric' to those outside the spectrum. People go to sci-fi conventions (myself included), but the teasing comes with the territory...and you have to admit it's a bit more odd to have a gathering in a person's name than it is to have one for a genre (i.e. ComicCon, etc). And again, I'm not knocking that...as long as folks go and have a good time and contribute to a good cause, that's all well and good. I just wish a lot of Gerry's fans weren't so thin-skinned and sensitive about everything.

I'm beginning to think there are some deeper seated issues at stake when it comes to being upset over a potted plant and a balcony. Methinks maybe they're upset over something else.....

And again, that isn't reflective of here, I want to make that clear. I think the people that have posted here are very level headed individuals.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Amen...
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:48 pm

i think what bothers me is the proprietal attitude most of the fan sites have. (again...not here!!) it's all about a competition on who is the best.....they don't really seem to work together. and it's not just gerry fans. i think you have the same problem in many fan communities. it makes it hard when you want to run a forum/board/group, tho. you get into as a labor of love, and then are made to feel like you are in a competition.

and i also don't understand why any site/group would feel that gerry (or any other celeb or artist) should back THEM! isn't it supposed to be the other way round?

i'm kinda fed up....can ya tell???? LOL!
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Wise words from you, DK and Sami!

And I have to tell you, Donna, I haven't been called level headed in a long time!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:01 pm

i've never been level headed. lol! you are in good company!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:53 pm

I agree DK and Sami. While I know I can be guilty of getting my panties in a bunch myself about every few months when G says something that is not in line with the person I thought he was, I still know at the end of the day he doesn't know me from Eve. He has no obligation to me, and I don't really know him, I just know OF him.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 pm

wise worlds lady nola. with alot of fans that i deal with...i get the feeling that they think that not only do we know gerry (we don't!) that he knows US as you said. years ago i used to co-manage a yahoo group for a musical artist that i knew personally. it was funny to hear the different perspective from the side of the fans and from the side of the artist. altho on the surface it seemed to be a close relationship between the two (fans and artist!) nothing could have been further from the truth. i guess that relationship has colored the way i feel about the fan/artist relationship ever since!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW   Today at 2:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Hahahahaaa! GERARD BUTLER HOLDS SON OUT WINDOW
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1