The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society

Go down 
+3
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:17 am

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/gerard-butler-misses-sexist-society_1111518

So Gerry IS a boob man after all...whoda thunk it?

GERARD BUTLER MISSES SEXIST SOCIETY

'Ugly Truth' actor Gerard Butler is disappointed society deems it unacceptable to tell women they have nice breasts.

Gerard Butler wishes he could tell women they have great breasts.

The 'Ugly Truth' star would love to compliment ladies he finds attractive but says it is not acceptable in today's society.

He said: "We've taken something as simple as sexual attraction, something that's in our DNA, that's basic to society, and turned it into something complicated. We've made the rules we must abide by that make it difficult to connect with each other.

"If a woman has great breasts, I'd love to tell her so. But in polite society, you can't do that. Which is a shame."

Gerard - who is rumoured to be dating Jennifer Aniston - also revealed his attraction to different types of women can get him into trouble.

He said: "My problem with women is I love them all, really. If I see a woman who is sweet and innocent, I fall in love with her, I want to hug her and take care of her and all that lovely stuff. "Then I see this sex-kitten type walking past me and I think, 'Wow! That's my woman!' I appreciate women for all sorts of reasons and it can get complicated."
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:31 pm

In other words, he just wants women after women after women.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Quote :
"If a woman has great breasts, I'd love to tell her so. But in polite society, you can't do that. Which is a shame."

That's what gift cards are for.

Quote :
He said: "My problem with women is I love them all, really. If I see a woman who is sweet and innocent, I fall in love with her, I want to hug her and take care of her and all that lovely stuff. "Then I see this sex-kitten type walking past me and I think, 'Wow! That's my woman!' I appreciate women for all sorts of reasons and it can get complicated."

Translation: "I cannot be monogamous."
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:40 pm

yup...exactly
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:46 pm

I think he has a "syndrome". He can not filter his mouth.
It's a good thing that he left the law and became an actor. He would have never lasted as a lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:13 am

Maybe not lasted as a lawyer but will he last long with this mentality is a better question ...
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:47 pm

you know, I've been thinking..I know, scary...

But you'd think he would have learned his lesson, saying things that would get him in trouble...

I'm thinking...maybe he says those things so that people CAN talk about him and go after him, and then he would have to explain himself all over again...

more face time, more "we want to know the real story" questions.

did that make sense?

In other words, he's playing the press and razzis...
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Maybe, but he doesn't seem to explain anything later - or at least I have never heard him do it, or do it regularly.

I don't think he is stupid, but I don't think he thinks before he speaks except when asked a very serious question - and those are often by foreign press where he has to speak slowly and thoughtfully (Japanese press conferences come to mind). Otherwise he seems to digress into this happy-go-lucky, juvenille personality for interviews.

To be fair, I think he got a lot of "shallow" questions lately due to the nature of this movie and to his tabloid persona. But that has to be expected and is something that he has encouraged by taking this role and cultivating the womanizer persona. I didn't expect anything different during this press junket.

Sometimes I think it's not just the fans who confuse the man and the role. Gerry seems to often go a little far in his marketing of his latest movie and always seems a little too enthusiastic - and that is when the foot slips into the mouth. All just my opinion.....

(edited later for spelling error)

Last edited by Dallas on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:31 pm

I don't think he's stupid...just does stupid things, like all humans do...he's just on the radar more than we are
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Oh I agree that everyone does stupid things. But when you are on the record, you should think before you speak. He is not on the record all the time, and when he speaks to the press or does a formal interview he should act like any adult and think. He can be open and honest but still think before he speaks. People do it every day in business. In fact, there are many people who, day to day, are more "on the record", "under the microscope"" or "on the radar" etc. than Butler or any other actor. I know this from first hand experience. So, I am inclined not to give him too much slack since that is part of his profession as well.
But since I am not his publicist, I personally find it entertaining. Very Happy

Oh, and I'm sure that he was asked specific questions that illicited the remarks. But the guy sometimes just runs off the mouth so that his words can be twisted or he just plain sticks his foot in his mouth. I don't think he is trying to manipulate the press. And so, back to my original comment - it is good that he left the law to become an actor.

JMO.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:05 pm

it was just a thought, because it was a continuous act
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:58 am

Great discussion you have going here, ladies.

My thoughts about Senor Butler's motormouth are short and sweet (much like myself) - "LESS IS MORE".

Learn it, like it, live it GB.

Simply, people like mystery.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:45 am

Does he really sleep with a lot of women, or is it all hogwash?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:20 pm

will we ever know? does it matter?
Back to top Go down
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 pm

In the vein of naive curiosity....why do suppose he says that if we knew the real him we wouldn't like him?

What are your thoughts?

I don't suspect he's a cruel bastard type. He has some strain of decency in him. Perhaps sometimes coarse and crude and yet hilariously funny when you're not wanting to slap him?!?

A flirt? A charmer who gets the digits and then fails to call?

What if outside of the spotlight he's a junk food binge eater who has to be reined in by his assistants? Or perhaps he's like a lot of guys and is just plain lazy, or a procrastinator. Maybe he has ADD. Moody? Oooooh....dark?!

Maybe he said that because underneath it all he is just a regular dude who with luck and tenacity became the hottest thing around. He can use that cred to get the gals but underneath it perhaps he just a flawed, average dude. Maybe that knowledge would take the shine off.

I dunno...

But I was curious about that last post: does he really, in fact, sleep with a cazillion women? And strangely enough why aren't there more supposed kiss-and-tells floating around? (and are they to be believed?) Does he truly bed a girl and then write her off? That is indeed crude and cruel.

Then again, he can have anyone he wants...well... the ones he tries hard to woo won't have him, but everyone else is willing and available.

My curiosity begs to know all about Gerry. He's so boyishly fun and simultaneously devishly hot with regular-guy doldrum thrown in....I don't know....I like it.

Wonder what he's like to talk with.... Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:36 pm

If he does bed many women...than I'm severely grossed out...

Disease anyone? Ewwwww

And if so, would that make him a sex maniac? A sex addict?

I'm sure there are women out there, mainly fans, who would find that absolutely thrilling, most with husbands they don't give that much attention...

And what does the average woman get in attention to G? Hmmm???
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:

I'm sure there are women out there, mainly fans, who would find that absolutely thrilling, most with husbands they don't give that much attention...

You know, Alice, that's very interesting and I know you didn't mean all married Mr. B fans. Wink But, I'd still like to go on record that I'm a married woman and I like Mr. B. because he definitely is an interesting character and his looks ain't bad either. Laughing

Although I'm the first to admit that I head to this site, first, every day, to get the latest Gerry news and pictures, I do agree, though, about him needing to watch what he says in the press. Some of the things he says are things one discusses with his buddies. And we know ( and Mr. B. should know) the press aren't his buddies! No

To all on this thread, I like this discussion too. cheers
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:18 am

This is the first site you visit? Wheeeee!!! Proud
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 am

PJ, I know you aren't one of those women, you mentioned before...but you are a lovely minority in the fandom, as I've ventured through four other big sites, and there are some who feel the same as you do...but many who don't.

As you mentioned, I wrote MOST fans, not all.

It wasn't directed to most fans on this site, because there is a sense of reality here on this site. Not fantasy when it comes to who Mr. B is in the eyes of the fans.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society   Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:30 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:

there is a sense of reality here on this site. Not fantasy when it comes to who Mr. B is in the eyes of the fans.

Here Here, Alice! We can love the man to bits I love you and still keep it real.

And yes, Donna, this site really IS my first stop, every time I'm on the computer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Gerard Butler Misses Sexist Society
Page 1 of 1